Question on E-Ride Nights

Danijo

Last May, when we went to WDW, we took advantage of one of the E-Ride nights. It was definitely worth it as MK closed at 7PM that night so we had several hours of light to enjoy the nearly empty park and get the kids to bed at a reasonable hour.

This year, we are going the week of June 7 and there are three E-Ride nights to choose from. However, the park is open to the public until 10pm on two of those nights and 11pm the other. I wonder how much later the park will remain open for the E-Riders. 12am? 1am?

I have an almost-6-year-old. It hardly seems worth the extra $34 (two adults, one child) to have to wait until so late at night for an empty park (nevermind that we'll all be way past cranky at 11pm).

Why schedule the E-Ride nights if they are already staying open so late? How many people do you think will really take advantage of it?

Danijo

tigsmom

The park should be open for three hours afterwards. When its that late we make sure we take a decent nap in the afternoon. I've seen kids younger than yours out on E Ride Nights. And yes, quite a few people take advantage of them. We will miss the ones for July.:(

Upvote 0

wdwrules

a couple questions about e-ride nights

1. the cost of each ticket
2. do you pick them up at the park entrance or at the resort
3. is it only at mk or other parks to

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
We will also be there the week of the 7th. We will be attending the friday night e-ride.

You are correct....the MK stays open 3 hours after official closing for E-Ride guests, no matter what time the park closes.

Monday, June 7: Park closes at 11, E-Ride from 11-1am

June 9 & 11: Park closes at 10, E-Ride from 10-1am

It is SO worth it to be there at night. The parks is awesome in the dark, especially Big Thunder and Splash. Just take a nap and then go back after 4pm and stay for E-Ride.

Maybe we'll see you Friday night!

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Originally posted by Danijo
Last May, when we went to WDW, we took advantage of one of the E-Ride nights. It was definitely worth it as MK closed at 7PM that night so we had several hours of light to enjoy the nearly empty park and get the kids to bed at a reasonable hour.

This year, we are going the week of June 7 and there are three E-Ride nights to choose from. However, the park is open to the public until 10pm on two of those nights and 11pm the other. I wonder how much later the park will remain open for the E-Riders. 12am? 1am?

I have an almost-6-year-old. It hardly seems worth the extra $34 (two adults, one child) to have to wait until so late at night for an empty park (nevermind that we'll all be way past cranky at 11pm).

Why schedule the E-Ride nights if they are already staying open so late? How many people do you think will really take advantage of it?

Danijo

We always take advantage of E-Ride Nights. If you do a search on the forums you'll see that 10 and 11 pm closings are not all that late. When I first visited WDW, the MK was the only park back then and it was open from 8:00 am - 1:00 am during the summer. This was in 1980. When I next visited in 1993, the MK was open until midnight everyday during the summer. When they started closing at 10:00 we were very disappointed. When the park was open til midnight, you could shoot over to the MK after seeing the fireworks at Epcot or MGM. If your group are early risers, why not take advantage of the Extra Magic Hour (or whatever they are calling it now) and go to the MK early in the morning. We made it only once in 20 trips to WDW. With teenagers, we have the opposite problem. Getting them out of bed in the morning is next to impossible. Staying up late at night is what they prefer.

Upvote 0

Laura

I will be at the E-Ride night on July 14th with my 1 year old and 2 year old until 1 a.m.!

I scheduled about 4 hours of sleep time during the day that day so they'd be well rested! And if they just want to sleep in the strollers the whole time, that is fine with me!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Count our gang in for the eride nights in June! we can't wait. Our last trip in '02 the eride nights were cancelled and we were extremely disappointed. The year that we did get to do them I was pregnant, and my DH and I had our 3 yr old daughter and our 5 yr old niece and we closed the park. Plan wisely w/nap times and you can do it and enjoy the experience.

Of course we also like to do the Early Entry's!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Word of caution (and I can't say this enough) DO NOT do Early Entry & E Ride Night on the same day UNLESS you take a decent nap in the afternoon. Speaking from experience, its not a good time for anyone. :(

Upvote 0

swimmom

We did our first e-ride night when my daughter had just turned 9. We closed the park at 1:00 a.m. She loved going on BTMRR over and over again with barely any wait. She also loved all the character opportunities. She didn't nap that day, but I let her sleep a little later the next morning.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom