Question on Disney Dining PLan

inchy warrior

Original Poster
My wife and I have just booked for Animal Kingdom Lodge in October 2015 for 21 days and part of the deal was we get 1 snack, 1 quick service meal & 1 table service meal per day.
Can we swap a table service for a quick service meal on occassions when we dont really want to have one of the more formal meals?
We stayed at POFQ last year and had the quick service which we really found useful, and even though we have got the more expensive dining plan I cant see us wanting a proper meal for the full 21 days we are at WDW.( and we've got to think how we would fit into the plane seats on the way home!!)
Thanks for any replies

belledream

You definitely don't have to eat 1 QS and 1 TS per day. You could allot 2 QS credits on a day and save that TS for another. You can't swap the actual credit though. So you'll either have to use it, or lose it and pay for more QS meals out of pocket.

There are definitely some TS options around all the parks that offer lighter foods and portions as opposed to buffets and steakhouses.

Kristamouse

We have used our extra snack credits at the Main Street Confectionary for treat or friends and family at home. At our resort breakfast we used our extra snack credits for Mickey waffles as well. Now that our kids eat us house and home we don't plan to have any credits left this trip;)

CaptainShortty

You don't have to use one of each points on every day you're there. That algorithm is just to determine how many points you will have in total. If you don't think you'll use all of your TS points, I would definitely double up some nights and eat at the signature restaurants and dinner shows. They're a great way to get all the value out of your points but not feel like you've eaten a house by the end of your vacation. If that still doesn't work, you can trade in some of your TS meals for QS meals or QS meals for snacks. You can always trade down but can never trade up (ie 2 QS points to equal 1 TS).

Hope that helps! Have a great trip!

iluvMainStMagic

Wow! 21 days at AKL sounds heavenly!!! I'm jealous :D;)

Just to be sure, I would ask before ordering if you can use a TS credit for a CS meal at each location - just so you know. It makes sense that they would allow you to trade down, and I know they have done that at times in the past, but I don't remember hearing/reading that they decided to allow it at any time, and at all locations. It could even be at the discretion of the CS location or the CM that day.
The suggestion to save some TS credits to use at restaurants that take 2TS credits is a good alternative. There are so many good options and I'm sure you will figure out what will work best for you & your wife.

Hope you have a wonderful time!!

DisneyJunkie

In some instances, my wife and I would only use one QS credit for lunch and by the time the end of the trip rolls around, we have enough credits (either QS or TS - which can be swapped out) to have 3 meals that day. So it all works out if you plan it out and share a meal here or there.

Baldy

If that still doesn't work, you can trade in some of your TS meals for QS meals or QS meals for snacks. You can always trade down but can never trade up (ie 2 QS points to equal 1 TS).

On our last trip we were told that this is no longer allowed :(. We ended up pretty much wasting our last 3 QS meals because we were in a hurry and all we wanted was a couple of snacks we could take to the airport.
There may be some places that will still do it for you though, so it never hurts to ask.

CaptainShortty

On our last trip we were told that this is no longer allowed :(. We ended up pretty much wasting our last 3 QS meals because we were in a hurry and all we wanted was a couple of snacks we could take to the airport.
There may be some places that will still do it for you though, so it never hurts to ask.

It's technically no longer in the rule book so it's at the discretion of the food and beverage location. From my experience most will still do it for you.

disney4life2008

My wife and I have just booked for Animal Kingdom Lodge in October 2015 for 21 days and part of the deal was we get 1 snack, 1 quick service meal & 1 table service meal per day.
Can we swap a table service for a quick service meal on occassions when we dont really want to have one of the more formal meals?
We stayed at POFQ last year and had the quick service which we really found useful, and even though we have got the more expensive dining plan I cant see us wanting a proper meal for the full 21 days we are at WDW.( and we've got to think how we would fit into the plane seats on the way home!!)
Thanks for any replies

21 days at AKL in a non discounted room? Am I reading that correctly? You are paying over $10,000 at AKL? WOW

inchy warrior

Original Poster
I was all ready to gasp at the £6000 but then I saw that your upgraded flights are included. Awesome!

So, what is an ultimate ticket? Just curious.

We are staying @ AKL also. Enjoy!

Sorry it should have read 21 day ultimate ticket.
dont know whether its available in U.S but it covers us for the 21 days we are there.
Hope you enjoy your stay at AKL. Have you stayed there before, this will be our first time :)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thanks for any replies

Nope, you cannot swap one for the other. For example, fi you go to Yak & Yeti in Animal Kingdom at lunch, you've just used your TS credit; however the Yak & Yeti takeout counter is QS. BoG is the only restaurant that does both - QS for lunch & TS for dinner. So you need to make sure you know what type the restaurant is; otherwise you will find you've used all your TS credits and will have to pay out of pocket for nice sit down dinners. The Disney website has PDF versions of the different dining plan brochures, so I would check those before you go (you will also get one when you check in at your resort).

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Wow! 21 days at AKL sounds heavenly!!! I'm jealous :D;)

Just to be sure, I would ask before ordering if you can use a TS credit for a CS meal at each location - just so you know. It makes sense that they would allow you to trade down, and I know they have done that at times in the past, but I don't remember hearing/reading that they decided to allow it at any time, and at all locations. It could even be at the discretion of the CS location or the CM that day.
The suggestion to save some TS credits to use at restaurants that take 2TS credits is a good alternative. There are so many good options and I'm sure you will figure out what will work best for you & your wife.

Hope you have a wonderful time!!

We've never been able to "trade down", so that may no longer be an option. There are many good TS outlets in the parks that provide good food and smaller portions. Most dining packages, i.e., Fantasmic, don't take DDP. Some, like Cinderella's Royal Table, will use two TS credits per person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom