News Question marks around performance of Evolv AI security scanners according to new BBC report

drnilescrane

The knife thing unfortunately has been a bit of an open secret in the industry. It's telling it's the BBC who are finally sounding the alarm.

It's a shame because it's genuinely a better guest experience using Evolv.

Vegas Disney Fan

My guess is bag checks and scanners are just as likely to miss weapons, especially with thousands of strollers a day going into the parks. They are a good deterrent though, just the thought of being arrested or banned will prevent the vast majority of guests from even trying.

TrainsOfDisney

The knife thing unfortunately has been a bit of an open secret in the industry. It's telling it's the BBC who are finally sounding the alarm.

It's a shame because it's genuinely a better guest experience using Evolv.
I’m not concerned with anyone bringing a knife into a theme park. Are you?

I actually prefer the traditional bag check at Disneyland - I don’t like the confusion, splitting up of groups, and barking of orders that WDW practices - very poor experience for WDW guests (it really wasn’t better before the evolv though.)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’m not concerned with anyone bringing a knife into a theme park. Are you?

I actually prefer the traditional bag check at Disneyland - I don’t like the confusion, splitting up of groups, and barking of orders that WDW practices - very poor experience for WDW guests (it really wasn’t better before the evolv though.)
A theme park? Some. Disney Springs? ABSOLUTELY.

GimpYancIent

There is no 100% security scan device. Firearms, for instance, can be broken down into components disbursed throughout baggage then reassembled later, etc, etc, etc. The labor intensive human physical inspection is still the most accurate detection method.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom