Question...former CPer

JackandSally

Original Poster
Hey guys...I (sort of) did the college program last year.

I ended up leaving early...Basically, I wound up with a really terrible trainer who would yell at me and made sexist and racist remarks to me. I didn't want to cause any trouble, but I was hurt, and I told him that I was sure he didn't mean to but his comments were offending me. Well, that only made it worse. I was getting crap from him about how he hates CPers. Another example of his 'jokes' would be that when I wasn't walking as fast as him he told me he was going to ship me back to the middle-east where the women have to walk behind the men.

So I left my supervisor a message asking to talk to him, and the next time I worked he came while I was working with my trainer and pulled me aside (at this point I was done with my training, but the guy was still my co-worker. But I'm going to keep calling him my trainer just so you guys don't get confused). I told him what had been going on, and he said that he would take care of it and to come back and talk to him. My trainer suspected we had been talking about him, so then he started saying bad things about me to my co-workers. So I went back to the supervisor after a few days, and he didn't even remember who I was. So I reminded him and talked to him about it again, told him it wasn't getting better. He came back to me after a week and said that I wasn't the first complaint, he would no longer be a trainer. But beyond that there was nothing he could do since it was pretty much he-said-she-said.

So then things just kept getting worse for me. Trainer just got meaner and meaner. More co-workers believed me, but no one would stick up for me because they didn't want to get on his bad side. I came back to Vista Way and cried almost every day, and I tried but CPers are not allowed to change work locations. Eventually I went home early. Had some family issues back at home and with how things were at work it just wasn't worth staying to me at that time. I was totally heartbroken because Disney has always been my dream, and I have huge regret that it didn't work out. I just wish that I could have had a different work location and gotten to live out my dream, you know? The guy did eventually get fired, but it was after I left.

So my question is...do I have ANY chance at getting accepted back into the program considering my circumstances? I know they put a restricted hire or no-hire on you or something, but I'm not sure how long it lasts, and I've heard that they make exceptions. I just want a chance to actually do the CP the right way and have my dream of working at Disney the way I imagined it, you know? I know I screwed up by leaving early, but I seriously was having a family emergency.

So should I bother applying for fall 08? Do I have a chance if I explain all this at an in-person interview? Or will it just sound like I'm making excuses? I'm trying to decide what to do. I really want to go back...I'm just hoping they'll give me a second chance.

sandicinderelli

I would! They are still recruiting for the fall semesters, so I would encourage you to do it. Sometimes in life, when you are given or have the opportunity to have a second chance, it's good to take it.

BTW, did you document any of your encounters with this "trainer"? It would probably be best to have something on paper chronicling your experience during your last CP. That way, Disney has something from you written explaining why you left early. Just a suggestion.

Anyway, hope you find your way. :)

sum41914

I thought I read somewhere you can go back after 6 months of being termed and or/ quitting. As long as the Termination wasn't for underage drinking, drugs, illegal actions ect...

JackandSally

Original Poster
I thought I read somewhere you can go back after 6 months of being termed and or/ quitting. As long as the Termination wasn't for underage drinking, drugs, illegal actions ect...

That's what I've heard so far, so I should be okay. I'm going to go to one of the presentations so I can do the in-person interview and everything since it has been 6 months. Thanks!

Mr.EPCOT

My suggestion would be to call Casting and they could tell you exactly what your rehire status is, when you can come back, etc. You shouldn't have a no-rehire status, since you self-terminated.

Sorry you had so much trouble in your work location! Come on over to the Contemporary, we'll treat you right!

Where did you work, if you don't mind my asking?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom