Question for the Seasoned Veteran

dnswalker

My hubby and I are planning our 20th wedding anniversary trip for September 2012. We are thinking about staying at Port Orleans Riverside. From the research we have done so far it seems to be a quiet and possibly romantic location.

In our past visits we have stayed off-site, at the All-Stars, Pop Century, and our by far favorite - the Contemporary. The value resorts tend to have more than their fair share of kiddos. Since this is our first time travelling with out our kids, we would like to try something a little more layed back and adult.

Which area of Port Orleans would you suggest staying for a romantic, 2nd honeymoon - Magnolia Bend or Alligator Bayou?

dreamscometrue

If you are certain you want to stay at POR, the Alligator Bayou is more secluded.

If you are still looking at all resorts, I think Coronado Springs is by far the most 'adult friendly' of the values and mods. As a convention hotel, CSR has a great adult:kiddo ratio. It also has a fitness center, Rix Lounge and a lovely white sand beach with hammocks. There is currently a thread comparing POR to CSR which might be worth checking out.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=785011

Upvote 0

fbp

It's true though. There is something quite romantic about POR with it's river, scenery and that big ol' water wheel.

Upvote 0

ml123_9

Definately Alligator Bayou, the pathways are secluded and more narrow. They also go through trees. Magnolia Bend pathways give me the feel of walking down the street and they are more in the open.

Upvote 0

cslafferty

We stayed in Alligator Bayou when we were there in 2004 and got engaged-very quiet and beautiful. When we go back for our 10th anniversary, I want to stay at the Poly (we actually got engaged on the beach there during Wishes!) but if that's not in the cards for you, then I would say you will definitely be pleased with Alligator Bayou.

Upvote 0

Bluewaves

Bayou, much more secluded than than Magnolia, shouldn't be that many kids there that time of the year, the moderates are always from my past experiences much quieter than the values

Upvote 0

dnswalker

Original Poster
Thanks!!!

Thank you all for taking the time to give us your great responses. M123 9 and bluewaves thanks for the excellent description of exactly what we are looking for in our stay.

Does anyone know about the proposed refurbishments to the Bayou area? We have seen the Princess Suites and they are gorgeous and fun, but believe they are all happening in the Magnolia Bend area. I haven’t seen any concept art of the renovations in the Bayou area that are supposed to be done by spring of 2012. Any links or help would be wonderful. Thanks again for your help! You guys are great!!!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thank you all for taking the time to give us your great responses. M123 9 and bluewaves thanks for the excellent description of exactly what we are looking for in our stay.

Does anyone know about the proposed refurbishments to the Bayou area? We have seen the Princess Suites and they are gorgeous and fun, but believe they are all happening in the Magnolia Bend area. I haven’t seen any concept art of the renovations in the Bayou area that are supposed to be done by spring of 2012. Any links or help would be wonderful. Thanks again for your help! You guys are great!!!
So far all the information I have seen indicates that the Princess rooms are only coming to the Mansions. That of course can always change.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom