Question about Upgrading to an annual pass

I will have 7 day MYW park hoppers and will be upgrading to an annual pass. I know that I have to upgrade to the annual pass at one of the theme parks but does it make a difference if I upgrade before or after I use the ticket and why? Thanks

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It depends. As I understand it:

You can upgrade any time within 14 days of first use of your MYW Hopper tickets. The effective date for your AP will be the date of first use of the MYW tickets. The full cash cost of your MYW tickets will be applied against the APs. This applies whether you have the No Expiration option or not. If you have No Expiration and it's after the 14 days from first use, I believe you can apply the cash value of what is remaining on the MYW tickets, but the more days you've already used, the less that is worth.

If you are using the Disney Dining Plan during your stay, upgrade after you've used all the dining credits on DDP [or at least all you're planning on using]. If you upgrade before you've completed dining, the remaining credits will no longer be valid.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

And if you're going to upgrade to the Florida Resident Seasonal Pass, make sure of blackout dates. If you're in a blackout period, you can use your MYW ticket and then upgrade so the blackout dates don't affect the original visit!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We went Dec 22-31. We had 12 in our group. We had the dining plan and stayed at CSR. We checked into the resort. At the resort we confirmed with the CM what to do. They gave us our room keys which were also our park passes and dining plan cards. We then took the bus and went to Magic Kingdom. We went straight to the Guest Relations desk at MK (that little white building off to the right side). We transfered all of our park days to the Annual passes and paid the difference for each card. We KEPT our room keys/dining card and did NOT lose ANY dining credits. They do this quite often at MK. The CM at our resort suggested we go to MK to do this and we had no problems. We had no problems using our AP's for park entry and our room keys for the room and dining options. This enabled us to get the maximum credit from our park passes towards the purchase of our AP's. This has saved us quite a bit of money! If you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I will do my best to clarify anything. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom