Question about Universal Express

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I read not to long ago on screamscape.com that Universal was soon going to end the Universal Express program. Is this true? Has it already happened? If so, do the Universal hotels still offer the front of the line program for all resort guests?

OmegaKnight

Yes it is true. It happened earlier this year (around February or so) However, you can still purchase the Universal Express Plus option, which is approximately $40. Universal does still have the front of the line UE option for its resort guests though.

jozzmenia

it's actually a good idea to just buy the passes for front of the line, especially if you're going on a busier day. We went Memorial Day and bought them. It was good to hop to the front of Spiderman when the wait was posted at 60 minutes. ditto for mummy, hulk, etc. it especially came in handy on the water rides, which were 90+ minutes because it was super hot. I prefer to stay offsite and just buy the passes. The value is much better.

DigitalDisney

Universal Express is only good if it's actually enforced like it should be. People cut into the Express line like it's nobody's business, and there aren't many Universal workers to check the Express passes at the ride loading area. It's a real disaster over at the Hulk.

jozzmenia

DigitalDisney said:
Universal Express is only good if it's actually enforced like it should be. People cut into the Express line like it's nobody's business, and there aren't many Universal workers to check the Express passes at the ride loading area. It's a real disaster over at the Hulk.

well over memorial day weekend, i guess they were having that problem so they got really strict. apparently it's a little bit hard to enforce, or that's how they were making it seem - on some rides where it was a problem we had our passes checked like 3 times or by 3 different people. so i didn't foresee anybody being able to get away with it to easily. our longest wait was like 5 minutes, most rides we walked on. I think we waited just under 10 minutes for Ripsaw Falls, and the regular line was posted at 90 minutes. So I'd say it was a good value. It was mainly Hulk, the 2 water rides, and Spider man where they were having problems so they were being VERY strict. But Dueling Dragons and Dr. Doom's Fearfall had reasonably short waits, like 20 minutes, and the line was walkon for Express, so people were sneaking over, but no one really cared because it wasn't a long wait. MY boyfriend was like "There is no way I'm ever going to this park without buying front of the line passes." And he was annoyed that Disney doesn't have passes that u can buy.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
jozzmenia said:
It was mainly Hulk, the 2 water rides, and Spider man where they were having problems so they were being VERY strict.
Spidey is the easiest....I see people jumping over from the SRL all the time when I'm in it. It'd be good to have someone at load check for passes but they're just trying to get everyone on as quickly as possible.

jozzmenia

NemoRocks said:
Spidey is the easiest....I see people jumping over from the SRL all the time when I'm in it. It'd be good to have someone at load check for passes but they're just trying to get everyone on as quickly as possible.

yeah that's what they did when we were there. Checked passes right before u got on, and a few other times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom