Question about photo sleeves

Lucretia

Original Poster
I just went to WDW in June. I bought photos from every thrill ride that offered them, but I was crushed that they no longer came in the cool photo sleeves unique to each ride. They were all in the same yellow Tinkerbell and castle decorated folders. What gives? I understand that from Disney's perspective this is more cost effective, but the pics are not cheap, so why are they cutting back on things. I used to use the cool folders on my scrapbook pages, since it is hard to find unique ride specific graphics for some things. Thanks for letting me vent. I still love WDW, but I was bummed at this new generic thing!:veryconfu

brkgnews

Well, given how dirt cheap the on-ride photos are, it's no surprise that they can't afford to include ride-specific folios.

:lookaroun

:lol: Boy -- couldn't say that one with a straight face.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
That is crappy - when did this happen?

Well, probably when we all stopped buying ride photos i guess :(

If they were offering the photos online via photopass i'd understand, but they're not curently as far as I know.

erasure fan1

That is crappy - when did this happen?

Well, probably when we all stopped buying ride photos i guess :(

If they were offering the photos online via photopass i'd understand, but they're not curently as far as I know.

yea they are not putting them on photopass. We just got back and I asked and they said they had no plans to add them to the photopass.

I think its kinda lame too, but my bet is they want to sell more ride frames.

darthjohnny

Yeah it used to be cool when there were special sleeves! Splash mountain made it look like you were coming down Chick-A-Pin Hill into the Briar Patch. The best ones were, I have to say, The Tower of Terror one. :) They made it look like an old time radios. I was disappointed when I got my Expedition: Everest free photo and it was just in a Happiest Celebration on Earth pack. I guess they did it for the celebration. But I guess they are going to keep it like that. It encourages people to buy souvinier frames from the rides, something I don't think people did often before.

metscool

Yea. I notice the same thing when I was down there. I was my uncle's first time to the park since the 80s. So he wanted to get the pictures on every ride. I still can't get over the score that he got on Buzz. 900,000 pionts or something like that.

bassman

i noticed that last year,i was well bummed.
and even worse i fell into the trap of buying souveneer (sp?) frames,though if i recall,buzz,ToT and test track all had there custom sleeves.

Lucretia

Original Poster
Well, at least it wasn't just me! I'm glad that a lot of you noticed it too. This might sound dumb, but what address would I use to write a complaint letter?:confused: Whoever posted about the cool TOT sleeves was absolutely right- those were the best! If anybody has that address please let me know. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom