Question about Disney Casting

Kakashi21

Original Poster
Months back I went in for a interview to apply for part time attractions. Im well dressed aside from wearing dark jeans(I might of messed up on that im assuming?). Needless to say I was called back for the face to face interview(after passing the online interview of course). I am a high school student. I do have nights and weekends free. Wednesdays I do get home early. Thing is I was told that Disney requires you to have 3(THREE) full days for work. Funny thing is, I have 3 friends in the same school, all same or lower age, that work there. One is seasonal for Pecos. One is a Hula dancer for Polynesian, and another is a dish washer for the resorts. None of them were asked for 3 full days. Is it because they are entertainment/dining and not attractions? Or was I misinformed of the 3 full day. If someone can please shed some light on my confusion MUCH MUCH appreciated/ MANY MANY MANY Thank yous.

-Nate

Captain Hank

The official policy is that any part-time role requires three full days of availability. The hula dancer may be different, as it is (presumably) an Equity (actor's/dancer's union) role, which may have different stipulations for part-time work. Seasonal roles (like your friend at Pecos) have no weekly availability requirements, just a yearly quota of hours that can vary from department to department.

Kakashi21

Original Poster
Does it have to be full day or does nights work? I can give 2 which is Saturday and Sunday, but im in school so all I can do is afternoons/nights. Like I can work after school then full days on Sat and Sun. I would assume that is possible?

yensid67

Months back I went in for a interview to apply for part time attractions. Im well dressed aside from wearing dark jeans(I might of messed up on that im assuming?). Needless to say I was called back for the face to face interview(after passing the online interview of course). I am a high school student. I do have nights and weekends free. Wednesdays I do get home early. Thing is I was told that Disney requires you to have 3(THREE) full days for work. Funny thing is, I have 3 friends in the same school, all same or lower age, that work there. One is seasonal for Pecos. One is a Hula dancer for Polynesian, and another is a dish washer for the resorts. None of them were asked for 3 full days. Is it because they are entertainment/dining and not attractions? Or was I misinformed of the 3 full day. If someone can please shed some light on my confusion MUCH MUCH appreciated/ MANY MANY MANY Thank yous.

-Nate

When I was a full time CM, I decided to move back to PA. I stayed on as a seasonal/Part time only requiring me to work one day a year to keep my employment active! I think you should call Casting and ask, I think you might have been misinformed...unless they have changed their policy!

Hope things work out for you and you get the role! Working for WDW was/is/always will be the highlight my life! I deem it as the Best job in my life! and the best time of my life!

Kakashi21

Original Poster
When I was a full time CM, I decided to move back to PA. I stayed on as a seasonal/Part time only requiring me to work one day a year to keep my employment active! I think you should call Casting and ask, I think you might have been misinformed...unless they have changed their policy!

Hope things work out for you and you get the role! Working for WDW was/is/always will be the highlight my life! I deem it as the Best job in my life! and the best time of my life!

The woman who interviewed me basically told me that I must give 3 full days(basically fri to sun). I would think disney would try and work things out instead of blowing someone off? I have no clue, thats why im asking wouldnt they try and let you work out hours instead of enforcing 3 full days and no 2+night hours?

Captain Hank

I believe the requirement is 3 days, all day availability, but Casting would be able to tell you for sure. Since you're still in school, they may be able to make adjustments, but no guarantees. Otherwise, you may want to consider going for a seasonal role and letting your scheduler know your availability.

Kakashi21

Original Poster
I guess i can try that thank you. Hopefully I dont get someone as as I did last time. I tried asking if i could work out hours and she said no, must be 3 exact full days :\

elisatonks

They used to ask only for 2 days, but seen the hiring freeze has been lifted in early january they are now asking for three days. i am assuming it is so they don't have to hire as many people.

Pioneer Hall

I guess i can try that thank you. Hopefully I dont get someone as as I did last time. I tried asking if i could work out hours and she said no, must be 3 exact full days :\

Unfortunately Disney (and basically every other company) can be very specific and selective for jobs in this economy. When people are out of work and willing to settle Disney has a much larger pool to find exactly what they are looking for.

mastif

From what I thought it could be 3 days for part time, but im not sure. You're friend that works seasonal at one point had at least 3 days of availability before going seasonal. You should do it if you can, and when possible go seasonal and cut your hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom