Question about Chefs Table at V&A

janetinpa

I was just wondering for my next trip to WDW (I havent even gone on this years trip yet:p ).
I would like to hear from people that have been to The Chef's Table in the kitchen at Victoria & Albert's. How much is it? Is it worth it? Would you go again? Do you choose your meal, or let the Chef make something special with out your input??

Chrisc5

We just did the Chef's Table in mid-July, and it was spectacular. We let chef Scott put together our menu, with just a little guidance (the wife won't do lamb or duck or veal...). After our champagne toast with the chef, he put together a truly memorable meal for us. I had been concerned that there might be items that wouldn't "sit well" with me, but everything was reasonably "normal" and everything was magnificent. We did the wine pairings, so there was a glass (sometimes two!) with every course. After tip, the total was just a hair above $400 for the two of us. Even at that price, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. If you enjoy fine dining, I'm not sure how you could match this experience...

Upvote 0

DarkImage4

We were there in early July and did Victoria & Albert's as part of our Honeymoon plan. We opted to upgrade and get the Chef's Table and were not disappointed. We had Chef Jason that evening. Be prepared for a 3-hour/10 course feast that you will never forget (3 courses more than you get in the regular dining room.)

Would we do it again? ABSOLUTELY

Is is worth the price? If we were paying for the entire dinner that night it would have come to about $250. The food & experience is more than worth it.

A bit of advice, try everything, be a little more open minded than you usually would.

I ate caviar, buffalo carpachio (raw) and abalone among many other items that I never thought I'd enjoy, let alone try.

(Our menus will be up on our website as soon as it's finished...)

Upvote 0

DisneyHoneymoon

Yes Yes Yes

I endorse going too! We went there on our honeymoon May 24th. Chef Scott was gracious, as were all the rest of the cooking staff and the wait staff was quite attentive.

While I normally do not eat such things as foi gras (liver) and fish, Scott asked us if we would trust him to select dishes which were fresh and wonderfully creative.

We were more than glad to let him have his way with us!:D and he truly did not disappoint.

Each dish was fabulously prepared, fresh, and served with flair. The coffee and desserts were works of art and light and tasty on the tongue. (They have a really cool vaccum coffee pot which sits on the table with a bunson burner underneath. Way cool).

Our table actually had four people because very good friends from home joined us on this trip - they had never had a honeymoon despite being married two years before us. So Chef Scott gave the gentlemen the same items each course, and the other wife and I got another variety. So instead of just preparing one same entree each course, he was preparing two differrent ones EACH COURSE. The total bill (we did not get the wine pairings) was about $600 with tip. (Oh, the other lady and I had some wine with our meal by-the-glass, not formal wine pairings).
Their wine cellar is quite extensive and renouned. BTW, V & A is the only 5-star restaurant in Disney's roster of eateries, and only 4 or 5 in the entire state of Florida.

When we left we enjoyed getting our personalized menus and the little gifts of chocolate and 2 red roses (one for each lady).

It was an incredible experience. The presentation and flavors were among the best I have ever eaten. My DH and I plan on saving our money and going back for 5-year anniversaries.

NOTE: While this experience was truly magical; for sheer food enjoyment -- Emeril's in Orlando River Walk got first place in our hearts. So if the Chef's Table is a bit too pricey for some; we recommend Emeril's.

Upvote 0

DisneyHoneymoon

Each course, in volume, is quite small.

Each plate they bring out is small, with portions being about an ounce plus "window dressing" of parsley or chives or scallions, etc.

About 3/4 of the way through we were still feeling hungry - but by the last one, we were comfortably full. We all ate our desserts gladly - so we had room for dessert, too.

That is why I also recommended Emeril's - who features very healthy portions!

Upvote 0

fanofwdw

Just booked this and looking for more opinions...

Dear Disney-o-philes!

I took the plunge and booked the Chef's Table, so I was searching through the threads hoping to find something. I've read the things on www.wdwig.com, and I wondered if anyone else would share their experiences or advice...are the formal wine pairings worth it, etc.

Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I've booked this several times for my customers and they all rave about the fact that the chef cooks them a meal to their taste preferances. I say go for it, it's well worth the price. Just make sure you call 180 days in advance.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom