Question about airports

ejkanter

Original Poster
Due to the increase in fuel costs Jet Blue cancelled our originall flight into Ontario. Our only choice is to now fly into Burbank or Long Beach.
Which would be better the btter one to go into?
We'd be arriving at 9:30pm and departing the same time as far as time of day goes for traffic.

Thanks!
Erick

Panhead

Long Beach airport is closer, as far as ratings...

Burbank - 4.3/5
Long Beach - 3.8/5

Burbank is rated a little higher, but Long Beach isn't that bad, I doubt that you would have any problems.

-Chris-

TP2000

Long Beach is actually very nice because it is so small. It's a tiny airport like something you would see in a 1950's movie. It's very art deco and old fashioned looking, and they've tried to keep it as historical as possible. JetBlue actually kind of ruins the vibe because as JetBlue has expanded its service at Long Beach they have moved into some modern modular buildings that don't fit in with the rest of the facility. But the terminal itself is classic 1950's.

You will really be in and out of there in five minutes once you walk down the stairs from your plane. And yes, you will be walking down a staircase and across the tarmac like they did in the 1950's before "jetways" were invented. The only holdup might be if you have checked luggage, as they have an outdoor baggage claim carousel that can take a few minutes to get going. But from baggage claim you are literally about 20 yards to the curb where taxis are waiting, or another 20 yards across the two lane street to the parking lot where the rental cars are located.

I use Long Beach as my second choice airport after John Wayne. (John Wayne Orange County International Airport that is zippy and modern and 15 minutes from Disneyland.) I like Long Beach because of its tidy size and easy maneuverability, and because it's just fun to walk out across the runway and go up the stairs to the airplane like the old days. It just seems more exciting and glamorous that way. :D

And Long Beach is much closer to Disneyland than Burbank is. Add in the cross Los Angeles traffic, and Burbank can take even longer most times of the day.

ejkanter

Original Poster
Thanks for the info.
From what I've read LGB seems like a nice classic airport.
I have a love for the classic style of things so this should make a nice trip into LGB.

Erick

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom