Qeustion about "deals"

htfdwlfpack

Original Poster
Ok so I was planning on possibly doing a trip later this year, or even as late as September 2011, but things at this time have made me think it will not happen.

So my question is this, how long has WDW been giving deals, like free dining or the gift card deal when you make a reservation? has it been sine the economy went in the toilet :) or before that. Note that ive never been offered an email or phone call that gave me a discount of some kind

brkgnews

Various "deep" discounts have been around in earnest since the tourism slump of September 2001. At one point around 2004, you could get AP / general public rates of as low as $49/night in value resorts.

Courtney1188

It's been since the economy went in the toilet.

And the gift card and free dining offers have been open to everyone, you don't have to receive a mailing in order to take advantage of those offers.

htfdwlfpack

Original Poster
It's been since the economy went in the toilet.

And the gift card and free dining offers have been open to everyone, you don't have to receive a mailing in order to take advantage of those offers.

No i know that, but i expect answers like"well i get mine through special offers right from WDW" or something to that effect :)

DisneyJoe

Free Dining has been offered in August/September since 2005, the main reason is that those months are slow due to school going back in session as well as hurricane season.

stlbobby

This is a complicated question because Disney offers so many types of deals. They have special rates for AP holders, Florida residents, and the general public. Sometimes they offer reduced rooms, other times it is a rebate in the form of the gift card, other times it is free dining.

They also have options like bounceback and pin codes where guests that have stayed are offered reduced rates at the end of their trip or in a mailing at a later date.

Each of these options has it's own history, but for the most part discounting started well before the most recent downturn, if you are marking that circa 2008.

There have been statements from the company that the discounts will stop in 2011 (there are whole threads discussing that possibility), but that was also stated for 2010.

Disney realized that discounts can fill the parks during the slow periods and maximize their resort dollars and is generally employing the Las Vegas strategy of get them in the door and keep them at the tables.

My personal opinion is there may be a roll back of discounts during the busy seasons, but they will continue during slower times, and much of it will be predicated on bookings. As I stated in another thread if April roles around and Disney is looking at empty resorts in September expect a discount to be announced in May.

room discounts

I'm still waiting for A/P room discounts for Oct 14th thru the 28th......hope they will be coming out soon....Anyone have any info on this??????..If so, please advise!!!!!:)

^ TheCrickets: We're in the same boat as you. As DVC'ers and AP'ers we are waiting too to book. I realize that there are windows for the release dates, but I'm getting impatient!!!!:fork:
However, I'm just impatient because planning is the best part! :p

A/P discounts....

Hopefully the A/P discounts for Oct.. will be out soon!!!!!...We are going Oct. 14th thru the 28th & we're anxious to book!!!!!!!....If you hear anything..please let us know.....They seem to keep the A/P holders waiting, while the General Public & UK citizens get first crack!!!!!!.....We're paying the freight up front & it's not fair to us!!!!!!!..:p:veryconfu

awalkinthepark

I'm still waiting for A/P room discounts for Oct 14th thru the 28th......hope they will be coming out soon....Anyone have any info on this??????..If so, please advise!!!!!:)

Booked a bounceback rate for October during a trip in Feb ..it was either 35 or 40 percent off..waiting for AP rates to see if I can get a better deal....I got Wilderness cabins last year for $137 a night with an AP discount...now I have expectations...lol.

Thank goodness I don't have to play this game(with myself) with airfare or rental cars anymore...we'd never go anywhere while I waited for my target prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom