Putting Identification on Children

WDWmom64055

It doesn't sound like you're worried about abductions, so I'm going to give you my honest advice as the mom of a former runner.

Don't waste money on tattoos...buy a Sharpie. Write "If lost, call _________" so your cell phone number is right there for anyone to see. With the older child I would probably write it somewhere like just above his/her knee (but above the shorts line so it couldn't be seen all the time) and practice, as others have said, what to do if he/she gets lost.

You can find photos of CM pins online- and as soon as you get to the parks, show him/her a real one.

With the 2 year old I think I'd write the message on his/her hand- the back of it where it can be easily seen.

I wouldn't do lanyards...it's too easy for kids to take them off, or worse, to get the string caught in something. I wouldn't put his/her name in view because if he/she is lost, that isn't going to help you get reunited as well as your cell number will.

To be honest, I would buy a leash for the 2 year old. I know some people are aghast at the thought, but having had a runner who could Houdini himself away even when numerous people were trying to keep an eye on him, I would do it.

You have my best wishes. I was worried about this when we went to Disneyland in 2005. Maybe you'll be lucky like I was. My runner (then just turned 4) was overwhelmed by the unfamiliarity and stuck close to his brother and I the entire trip. Not one single episode of doing his disappearing trick! Good luck!

Carolyn1717

www.whosshoesid.com

You can put whatever you want on these. As much or as little information as you feel necessary. If your leary about putting child's name, just put your cell phone number, the resort your staying at and that's it.

KristineML

A friend of mine has had custom rubber bracelets like the LiveStong ones made for her 2 kids.

She had the kids name and Daddy's Cell XXX-XXX-XXXX embossed on them.

almond

When my two boys were younger we used a leather luggage label and pinned it to the back of their tshirt (nappy pin with safety clasp) so they couldnt fiddle with it. Put our mobile number and surname on and where we were staying. I love the idea of taking a photo each day of your child - simple but effective. And the poster who said showing your child a CM when they enter the park. Great idea!!

Tink313

In the parent magazine I get I saw these real cool temporary tattoos were you can have personalize with your info. I was thinking about getting them before my trip for my 2yo.

They are called saftey tat $20 for 30 tattoos

www.safetytat.com

bgoebel

I also read somewhere (I think Unofficial Guide) that the tag/ID should not be visible. Last year I bought computer labels (sticky labels) and wrote on their names our cell phone numbers their birthdate, etc. and put it on the inside of their shirts where the clothing tag is. I had already written them all out and had one for each day and spare ones in the diaper bag. I showed each child where their tag was and we talked about to show it to a person with a disney tag on if they get lost. When we go again in December (my children will be 5 and 2 -almost 3) I plan to do the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom