Purchasing tickets pre-trip

jeffk410

Original Poster
Hello all,

I am planning on purchasing my 7 day park hoppers before my trip as I want to have the ability to make FP plus reservations 60 days out. Now my question is, will I be able to still link the tickets if I choose will call pick up? Additionally, if I opt to upgrade to an annual pass there should not be an issue, correct?

Thanks for the help

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Do NOT take my word for it. I am not an AP holder.

However, I believe to upgrade to an AP from standard tickets after the fact:

1) You can only do it while on the park and within 14 days of the first use of your ticket
2) You must be a FL resident

(I pulled that from their website, so someone may contradict me)

Also, I believe that you still need to be staying on site to do FP+, regardless of if you have APs or not. But, that may have changed recently.

I know for a fact, though, if you have regular tickets, you can't book FP+ in advance at all if you are staying offsite.

Rob562

You do not need to be a FL Resident to upgrade to an AP, unless you're trying to upgrade at the FL Resident price.

If you buy the Water Parks & More option and you *use* one of those options before upgrading, you will only be able to upgrade to a Premium AP that includes the water parks.

The upgrade must be done both within the 14-day window *and* before the end of your last park day on the ticket. So if you use the 7 days right in a row, you must upgrade before the end of that 7th day.

Will Call tickets should be able to link to MDE using the confirmation number.

As mentioned, currently advance FP+ reservations are only available to on-site Guests.

-Rob

jeffk410

Original Poster
We will be staying on property. I am more curious if I will have a way to link the purchased tickets if I choose the will call option. I am debating whether I should have the tickets sent to my house in order to make sure I can link them in order to make the FP+ reservations.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
We will be staying on property. I am more curious if I will have a way to link the purchased tickets if I choose the will call option. I am debating whether I should have the tickets sent to my house in order to make sure I can link them in order to make the FP+ reservations.
As long as you have the confirmation number, you should be able to link them in MDE without an issue.

Rob562

The MDE app says:

To link WIll Call tickets to your account, type the confirmation number on the "Enter Manually" tab. After your ticket is linked to your account, be sure to visit Will Call at a park entrance to pick up your park admission cards.

-Rob

jlsHouston

I purchased a couple of 7 day park hoppers for the kids for this upcoming trip. They came in the mail the other day and today I put them in my profile and entered the ticket # on the back and then I copied my FP+ selections I had already done for a couple of days to their now active park tickets. Everything went fine. I too am planning on upgrading those tickets for them before the 7th day of use when we get to WDW.

jeffk410

Original Poster
Hmm, thanks for all the info everyone. Seems like I should be good to set them for pick up at will call and still think them.

CheshireCat12

Why use Will Call? I bought the tickets for my last trip over the phone through the Disney site and received a confirmation number. I then logged into MDE and linked the ticket reservation numbers into my reservation page. This is the same page where all your confirmations are listed- resort room, tickets, Memory Maker, FP+ times are all there. I was able to set my FP+ at the 60-day window no problem. I was able to customize my MagicBands way ahead of time too. If you are worried about not physically holding the tickets in your hand, don't be. If you have a confirmation number you are good.

I bought our tickets 'will call' and used the confirmation number to link the tickets. I did this within a few minutes of purchasing. It went smoothly.

How ever I did find out I could not choose which ticket media I wanted to used at the parks. I had old non expiring hopper ticket linked but wanted to use new 7 day expiring tickets on this trip. A disney supervisor was able to fix that for me but it did take some time on the phone.

jeffk410

Original Poster
Unfortunately it is not letting me link the tickets by confirmation number. I can book FP in 9 days, hopefully my tickets arrive before then.

lilclerk

Awesome thanks. I am actually on the phone now because now all my reservations (dinning and resort) are missing.
I think the site is having some (more) issues. I can't even get into MDX, I keep getting a Whoops page with Olaf without his head.

jeffk410

Original Poster
Yeah, I can't even log in anymore. Must be having issues. The ETA for technical support was 35 minutes, so I gave up. I'll wait and check it out tomorrow.

jeffk410

Original Poster
I hate to be the one complaining about MDE, but jeesh this has been awful. First, I couldn't purchase the tickets online because I was using a gift card as well as a CC. So I had to call on the phone, which I thought went smoothly; however, I was mistaken. Finally my confirmation code worked to link the tickets but only three tickets appeared! Somehow there is a missing ticket and an employee has not been able to figure it out. Even weirder is I did not receive a confirmation e-mail either.... :banghead:

Rant over! sorry...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom