Professional Services Employment

tahoe98

Original Poster
Does anyone have any details about professional employment at WDW resort. I'm talking about "business analyst" type jobs. I have been applying for open positions for about 6 months, and have received nothing back (other than a confirmation e-mail).

I have even e-mailed a friend of a friend who works for HR down there.

I welcome anyone's assistance, advice, or whatever.

Thanks,
Ben:confused:

epcot71

i do know that disney in general for all of its business units prefers u to have an mba for most analyst type jobs especially business planning and finance.i have heard of people that have waited up to a year.the amount of resumes disney gets is unreal.
i am sure u have heard things like disney doesnt pay well at all but i have done many years of research about disney because i want to use my experience in retail management/marketing to go to disney in consumer products or attracations merchandise. i know that you cant feed the wife and kids on entry level pay in the parks but as a proffesional cast member especially as an analyst or planner it is very competitive.an average mba who come to disney(speaking of the entire company not just disney world) u can expect to start around 75k-but around 85k for business planning .this is what my source who i cant reveal tells me.they have ben with the company for about 10 years and really love it .disney pays as much as most other companies including these companies i have freinds at who tell me their salaries.citigroup,goldman sachs,bank of new york who also like disney love to get thier hands on mba's. i will say this use ur networking skills with disney-the more people u can meet and make freinds with in the company the better. keep in mind when u hear of stories of disney pay being low it is most likely entry level cast members and entry level management in the parks who are by no secret not that hot but once u get into the proffesional level jobs like analyst or planner u can afford to put nike sneakers on ur kids feet.

tahoe98

Original Poster
Thanks for the info

Thank you for the info, epcot71.

I had heard, as well, that professional services pays well. I am currently working towards my MBA, and I am hoping that may help my chances. I know about Disney's HR system, and how they search their resumes based on keywords. I have things in there like "project management" and "MBA," etc. Hopefully my name will come up on a search. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I would really like to work for them, and I mean it when I say I can learn anything really fast.

I have e-mailed a friend of a friend in HR, but I have never heard anything. I have decided that I won't message him again because I don't want to inadvertently hurt my chances.

Anyway, I will keep on waiting and working towards my MBA.

Thanks again,
Ben Boatright
tahoe98@yahoo.com:cool:

cm1988

Originally posted by tahoe98
Does anyone have any details about... "business analyst" type jobs...:confused:

A couple of routes you might consider...

Check with your college/university placement office for information on internships. You might also find some help on the Disney Careers site.

There's different roles you might consider, one being a Finance Analyst internship. Much of WDW's budget work is done in the Spring and Summer... so they do try to bring in interns, most years.

If you're wanting to focus in Computers and Business Analysis, then you might look into Business Solutions Center Analyst roles. Those are in the IT Division. Most of ITs internships have been developers... haven't heard of any BSC interns... but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

Then again, you may not be interested in internships, in which case you want to just keep an eye out for entry level openings in those areas. Some people have come into the Finance area as "Statistical Associates", which is an Office & Technical (hourly) role. The next step from that is entry level Salaried... "Finance Analyst, Jr."

Also, in IT, some BSC's have recently been classified as BTP's... Business Technical (or Technology?) Partners. So you might keep an eye out for those roles.

tahoe98

Original Poster
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the information. I am not looking for any internships. I am also looking for a salaried position.

I recently applied for a Financial Analyst, Jr. position. I am check Career Builder, HotJobs, and Monster every day for job postings. As soon as they come up, I apply. I know that the automated response says that you don't have to apply for every job, but I do anyway.

At some point, someone has to notice my resume.

I have heard (from a previous post) that Disney likes to get MBAs. I am working on mine now, and have a 4.0 GPA. Hopefully that will help me get my foot in the door.

Anyway, I digress. Thank you for the info. Wish me luck.

Ben:D

cm1988

Re: Thanks for the info

Originally posted by tahoe98
...I have heard (from a previous post) that Disney likes to get MBAs. I am working on mine now, and have a 4.0 GPA. Hopefully that will help me get my foot in the door...
Ben:D

Hi, Ben -

Just wanted to be sure you didn't miss this somewhat outdated page on opportunities for MBA's. Should offer some encouragement.

Congrats on the GPA! That is an achievement!

tahoe98

Original Poster
Additional Places to Search for PROFESSIOANL Employment at WDW

I have viewed this group on and on for a while now. While there are excellent suggestions for where to look for a job at WDW, I see too many references back to Disney's official Careers site.

I have found that the two best search engines for PROFESSIONAL employment at WDW (or anywhere in the Disney company) is atMonster and HotJobs.

I search there daily, and apply whenever a position is displayed.

So, bottom line, if you are looking for professional employment (not the college program or working in the parks), go to one of these links. I hope this helps everyone out that is curious.

Ben:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom