Professional Position Hiring

MickeyNola

Original Poster
First time post, long time reader.

Does any of the Disney Professionals out there know how long Disney usually takes to actually contact someone for a professional position? I have applied for an Associate Manager position in the marketing/development department about 7 weeks ago and haven't seen any change on the dashboard. My application still says it is in the submission phase.

I'm qualified for the position, I have 6 years of related experience and a well respected MBA, and one of my references used to work for the area director I would be reporting to. My reference called on my behalf and was told it would be several weeks as they sort through over 500 resumes they've got so far. That was on March 5th.

I don't want to badger my reference, but do you think I should ask him to call again? Should I call myself? Just keep waiting? Any thoughts? Thanks.

lego606

MagicBandit
First time post, long time reader.

Does any of the Disney Professionals out there know how long Disney usually takes to actually contact someone for a professional position? I have applied for an Associate Manager position in the marketing/development department about 7 weeks ago and haven't seen any change on the dashboard. My application still says it is in the submission phase.

I'm qualified for the position, I have 6 years of related experience and a well respected MBA, and one of my references used to work for the area director I would be reporting to. My reference called on my behalf and was told it would be several weeks as they sort through over 500 resumes they've got so far. That was on March 5th.

They'll take a little while to respond on those. Give them a little more time. I'm sure you can imagine there are a ridiculous amount of applicants for a huge amount of jobs.

Also, welcome to WDWMagic!

MickeyNola

Original Poster
Just to follow up if anyone was interested, but my reference was able to actually set up a call with the area director I would be working for (a few notches below, at least) and I spoke to him the other day. The position I applied for is "on hold" and they aren't hiring anyone to fill the role. He didn't go into specifics, but it seems like there is some corporate re-shuffling going on and they aren't going to look for anyone new for another 6-8 weeks when positions might be re-posted. Kind of disappointing when I thought this was a breakthrough to actually talk to the decision maker (who was awesome to talk to, btw) when it was really just a courtesy let-down call. Just going to keep plugging away at it.

Any thoughts on how I should follow up? I sent him a handwritten thank you on nice stationary, do you think it'd be appropriate to email him every 2-3 months with a report a just to check in?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom