Professional Internship

Tropicsky1

Original Poster
Hey all! My name's Jen. I'm new to the board, so I thought i'd say hi.

I was wondering who out there applied for a PI. I had an interview for the Communications Planning Internship, and am currently going CRAZY waiting to hear back. Ugh!:hammer:

Sooo basically, what did you all apply for, and who has heard back (and congrats if you are heading down for a PI this Aug :sohappy: )

Jen

Captain Hank

Tropicsky1 said:
Hey all! My name's Jen. I'm new to the board, so I thought i'd say hi.

I was wondering who out there applied for a PI. I had an interview for the Communications Planning Internship, and am currently going CRAZY waiting to hear back. Ugh!:hammer:

Sooo basically, what did you all apply for, and who has heard back (and congrats if you are heading down for a PI this Aug :sohappy: )

Jen
Welcome to the boards, Jen! :wave:

I am in quite a similar situation. I interviewed two weeks ago for the Greenhouse Plant Science internship in the Land pavillion. When I was interviewing, I was told that I would be notified 1 1/2 to 2 weeks later. However, the interviewer said that wasn't entirely sure about the timeline.

Basically, I've been hovering over the phone this entire week.

I did, however, get an e-mail from WDW Professional Recruiting last night asking me to fill out an additional application. This was more of a standard application, permission to do a background check, buisness references, have you been convicted of any crimes, etc. They wanted it back within 48 hours...I sent it back within 3 :). So, I'm really hoping that I hear back from Disney soon.

I think my roommate is getting sick of me lunging for the phone every time it rings. :D

Ive been accepted to the WDW Entertainment Stage Technician Professional Internship. However mine is just a summer opportunity. Im very excited though and so happy that I was able to get a position. Im very fortunate. Anyone gonna be down there this summer?

Tropicsky1

Original Poster
Got a call...

Well I got the call this morning...I have officially been offered the position of the Communication Planning Internship for Disney!!! I am so excited...I feel like I have been on cloud 9 all day. To all of those still waiting for a call, keep hope! It took so long after my first interview for me to get this acceptance that I thought for sure I was not going to get the position.

Good luck to all of those still waiting to hear, and for those who have accepted an offer, I'll see you down there! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Captain Hank

Tropicsky1 said:
Well I got the call this morning...I have officially been offered the position of the Communication Planning Internship for Disney!!! I am so excited...I feel like I have been on cloud 9 all day. To all of those still waiting for a call, keep hope! It took so long after my first interview for me to get this acceptance that I thought for sure I was not going to get the position.

Good luck to all of those still waiting to hear, and for those who have accepted an offer, I'll see you down there! :sohappy: :sohappy:
Congratulations! :sohappy: I, too got the job I was waiting for--Greenhouse Plant Science--and check in this June.

DisneySaint

Welp, there goes one of the three positons I apply for.
Congrats, it's going to be a fun as heck job.

Still waiting on a phone call for even an interview...
But I don't think it's coming as the e-mail said "you'll hear from us by early April if you're chosen for an interview."

:(

summergurl

I interviewed for a PI a long time ago, and I'd definitely given up all hope on hearing back from them, but then today I got a call from someone at Disney PI recruiting asking me to return her call tomorrow, not the person I interviewed with. So I'm trying to figure out what to expect when I return the call...after an interview, has anyone gotten a call for a rejection or additional information? It could just be an interview for one of the other positions I applied for, although it seems really late for that...

Tropicsky1

Original Poster
I, too, received my offer over the phone from a Professional Recruiter. From what I understand, they are the ones that officially offer you the position, since they have to deal with all of the technical info (housing, when you will be down, pay, etc). Like you, I missed the first phone call I got from them (I was in class) and as my friend put it, "It can't be bad news!". Good luck!!!!

Ryoseth

Tropicsky1 said:

CONGRADULATIONS! OMG, i KNOW that feeling! though i myself haven't applied for a proffesional internship, i would LOVE to get the opportunity, from what i understand however, i have to be atleast a junior in college. is this trure? is there a website you could refer me too that would fill me in on all the internships available? I miss WDW SO MUCH !_! my College Program didnt last long enough !_! ^_^

Tropicsky1

Original Poster
Disney PI info

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">You can log on to www.disneycareers.com and search for jobs in the Orlando/Lake Buena Vista/Celebration area. You can even refine your search by looking for "internship". It will list all of the requirements for each job. Most, I think, do require you to be a junior or a senior in college. Also, almost all require you to have participated in the College Program (which you've done, so that's good :) ). They post the positions every so often, so keep checking! Good luck! And thanks, I am SO excited!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

juan

congrats on the PI's
I was trying to get one through WDI (I'm friends with an imagineer) but they cut almost all of the PI's for this summer :(
So now I'm hoping to go in for CP -- already interviewed
Now I just have to wait

carolinagirl4

Congrats to everyone! I'm heading down in June for the marine mammal internship at the Living Seas.

Has anyone heard from housing at NorthBridge? And if so, do you plan on staying there or will you try to find your own place?

summergurl

Congrats carolinagirl! I'm going to be doing the vet hospital internship- it's always cool to see another animal programs person here! It seems like some people have heard about northbridge and some haven't, so who knows what's going on there...I heard on Monday though, and I'll be living at nb

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom