Procedure question when using FP kiosks

Karenb64

Original Poster
After you have used your pre-selected fp's and want to get another one from a kiosk, how exactly does that procedure work? Is your MB scanned which then brings up everyone you are linked to? Do you have to be the account holder or can anyone on your account do it? And if I have a large group, is it easy to get an additional fp for one attraction for part of the group and a fp for another attraction for others?

cw1982

This feature is still fairly new, so not that many here have done it yet to be able to speak to all of this from experience, but from what @Jakester has said in other threads, it seems like it's pretty easy. Maybe he (or someone else who has experience with this) will come along and chime in :)

cspencer96

You tap your Band or Card to a touch point at the kiosk, and it will display instructions. Only one member of your group has to touch their band, because everyone in your Family and Friends list will appear (if they are FP+ eligible) when the time comes to choose the people the FP+ selection will be for. It may be faster to split up on separate kiosks, though, if you have a larger group with people desiring to make selections for several different attractions. Those who want, say, RnRC go to one and TSM to another. Cast Members are always on hand at the kiosks, and are (almost annoyingly) eager to help. I say annoying because, a lot of times, they want to do it for you. I don't like that, personally, but to each their own. It's awesome that they want to help!

Jakester

After you have used your pre-selected fp's and want to get another one from a kiosk, how exactly does that procedure work? Is your MB scanned which then brings up everyone you are linked to? Do you have to be the account holder or can anyone on your account do it? And if I have a large group, is it easy to get an additional fp for one attraction for part of the group and a fp for another attraction for others?
Once you have used your 1st 3 Selections (or Redeemed 1, let 2 run out/Redeemed 2, let 1 run out) then just go to the Fastpass Kiosks at the park and you'll see a button to add your additional FP.
When you've done the initial set up ANYBODIES ticket WILL pull up the entire group.

Jakester

And for the selecting seperated members for different fastpasses, it's possible. I don't know if you can do this on MDE (be suprised if you couldn't) but AFTER you have made your 3 selections, just modify the experience by selecting the party members in you group who want to modify the experience.

Sounds way worse/complicated than it is, hope this helped ya out some. :)

KingdomofDreams

Question. Sorry if it's been posted elsewhere. Is it necessary to use the kiosks in obtaining additional FP's in the same park? Can the app not be used?

KingdomofDreams

For now, the kiosks are the only way to get more than three. Everyone is assuming this will change but no one knows when.

Interesting.... I wonder why? Hopefully they will have that resolved soon. Using the app from wherever you happen to be at the moment is definitely the better way to go. Requiring the guest to find a kiosk and (perhaps) stand in line to use it is a far less customer focused approach.

cw1982

Interesting.... I wonder why? Hopefully they will have that resolved soon. Using the app from wherever you happen to be at the moment is definitely the better way to go. Requiring the guest to find a kiosk and (perhaps) stand in line to use it is a far less customer focused approach.

Well, from what I'm hearing the kiosks are at least a decent alternative because the lines aren't bad by the time people get through their first round of passes. I agree that the phone app is a better option. They probably just want to see how the extra passes works out before adding the option to the phone app, but that's just my theory. I'd be surprised if it wasn't updated soon.

Rob562

Well, from what I'm hearing the kiosks are at least a decent alternative because the lines aren't bad by the time people get through their first round of passes. I agree that the phone app is a better option. They probably just want to see how the extra passes works out before adding the option to the phone app, but that's just my theory. I'd be surprised if it wasn't updated soon.

More likely it was the easiest way for them to push the functionality out in the software and get the option running to appease the complaints they're getting. It takes time to get a downloadable app altered and tested for various phone platforms. It's easy when you're making changes to the software on in-house proprietary kiosk systems.

-Rob

cw1982

More likely it was the easiest way for them to push the functionality out in the software and get the option running to appease the complaints they're getting. It takes time to get a downloadable app altered and tested for various phone platforms. It's easy when you're making changes to the software on in-house proprietary kiosk systems.

-Rob

That makes sense. I figured it had more to do with naturally rolling things out in stages, so as to make the progression more gradual and (hopefully) as glitch/issue free as possible. The logistics of the timing for getting it all up and running is a logical reason too though... probably even moreso than my assumptions ;)

cspencer96

-Rob
I think it is partly to discourage use of these extra passes. The first three are super convenient, while any others are less so because not only do you have to use a kiosk, it must be a kiosk within the park you are selecting FP+ from. Some people won't do it just because of that, and others won't do it because it isn't super obvious that you can. Who knows the real reason, though. The software update thing makes complete sense, too. They can easily upgrade their own stuff, but pushing it out to everyone else takes time, and since this is something that will likely put more strain on the already strained mobile platform, they may be working some kinks out first.

Wags14

If you miss/skip your third desired Fastpass+ reservation are you still able to get a fourth one after they have expired via the kiosk?

PrincessNelly_NJ

You tap your Band or Card to a touch point at the kiosk, and it will display instructions. Only one member of your group has to touch their band, because everyone in your Family and Friends list will appear (if they are FP+ eligible) when the time comes to choose the people the FP+ selection will be for. It may be faster to split up on separate kiosks, though, if you have a larger group with people desiring to make selections for several different attractions. Those who want, say, RnRC go to one and TSM to another. Cast Members are always on hand at the kiosks, and are (almost annoyingly) eager to help. I say annoying because, a lot of times, they want to do it for you. I don't like that, personally, but to each their own. It's awesome that they want to help!
You can say that again! We were not even allowed to walk up to the kiosk unless a CM was assisting us. We were only allowed to scan our band. We were not allowed to even touch the screen, CMs did it for us. So annoying.

cspencer96

You can say that again! We were not even allowed to walk up to the kiosk unless a CM was assisting us. We were only allowed to scan our band. We were not allowed to even touch the screen, CMs did it for us. So annoying.
If this happens while I am there next week, I will make a point to let them know I would rather do it myself. I may even drop a hint to Guest Relations about it, because if they really won't just back off then I know my group will be uncomfortable. I love when CMs go the extra mile, but they need to take the Apple approach - learn to recognize when people need help, and when seasoned MyMagic+ users (or those who just want to figure it out) just want to do it on their own.

Karenb64

Original Poster
Once you have set up an additional FP from a kiosk, does it show up in your app and if so, can you make changes to it - different time or even different experience?

cw1982

Once you have set up an additional FP from a kiosk, does it show up in your app and if so, can you make changes to it - different time or even different experience?

From what I have read on another thread, you can make changes to your extra pass from your phone once it has been selected at a kiosk. I'll be there in a week, and I may try it out just to see what happens :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom