priicng for value resorts.......

grumpys kid

Has anyone heard a rumor that disney is supposed to be making changes to reservation system when staying on-site? A friend of mine claims he was told by a travel agency that as of July 1st, the pricing for value resorts is changing and you could be paying more for weekends than during the week, especially during the off peak seasons. it seems a bit odd to me. :confused:

Yellow Shoes

I do believe this is true. If you go to expedia.com or other travel sites, you will find out that this type of price structure, where weekends cost more than weekdays, is pretty standard in the hotel industry.

I remember one year when we went to visit my in-laws and stayed at a hotel December 30 and 31. New Year's Eve was considerably more expensive than Dec 30. So we paid something like $120 for our first night and $180 for our second one.

Disney Vacation Club has always "charged" more for weekends.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I believe the new pricing will cover all the resorts (not just values) and the price/night will change when you pass from value season to peak season as well ,where it did not before. I believe there was a thread about this, but I can't find it right now. :shrug:

Upvote 0

pinkrose

Has anyone heard a rumor that disney is supposed to be making changes to reservation system when staying on-site? A friend of mine claims he was told by a travel agency that as of July 1st, the pricing for value resorts is changing and you could be paying more for weekends than during the week, especially during the off peak seasons. it seems a bit odd to me. :confused:

Yes, the new pricing would cover all of the resorts. I don't believe it would take effect for any 2007 bookings though. I believe it would begin with the 2008 rates.

If Disney does place this into effect, they would only be doing what most other hotels already do.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom