News Price increase for valet parking at Walt Disney World resort hotels

monothingie

Turn those machines back on!
Premium Member
Disney does not operate valet service at the resorts. The operation, the cast, and this price increase are from a third party operator.

Historically Disney does not implement just a single price increase at a time. Let’s see what else goes up in the coming days or hours.

I’ll be more than happy to be wrong about this.

Last edited:

peter11435

Historically Disney does not implement just a single price increase at a time. Let’s see what else goes up in the coming days or hours.

I’ll be more than happy to be wrong about this.
Again…. This price increase was not implemented or dictated by Disney.

monothingie

Turn those machines back on!
Premium Member
Again…. This price increase was not implemented or dictated by Disney.
And Disney gets a cut of it. Perhaps Disney wanted more of a share requiring the price increase?

I’m not disputing what you’re saying. But there are a variety of reasons and you don’t know why the vendor is raising their prices to Disney. My supposition is that this may be the first of other price increases coming to WDW in the near term.

Again I hope I’m wrong and you’re right that it’s limited to a single vendor/service. But I’ve got a bad feeling about this that it’s not.

CntrlFlPete

Disney does not operate valet service at the resorts. The operation, the cast, and this price increase are from a third party operator.

Interesting. I recall the days when you could Valet at the poly for cheaper than it cost to park at ticket/transportation. To me, it seems that once day they made a change making valet a little more than general theme park parking. I would expect a rise in parking rates to follow, was three dollars before, I imagine we would be looking at $35 parking before too long.

Anyway, from the outside, it does not look like the vender really sets the price as they could then undersell self parking.

peter11435

Interesting. I recall the days when you could Valet at the poly for cheaper than it cost to park at ticket/transportation. To me, it seems that once day they made a change making valet a little more than general theme park parking. I would expect a rise in parking rates to follow, was three dollars before, I imagine we would be looking at $35 parking before too long.

Anyway, from the outside, it does not look like the vender really sets the price as they could then undersell self parking.
At one time valet at WDW resorts was complimentary. There are many reasons that went away.

Resort self parking is free now. Obviously the operating participant would be prohibited from underselling theme park parking if it was available to non resort guests.

peter11435

And Disney gets a cut of it. Perhaps Disney wanted more of a share requiring the price increase?

I’m not disputing what you’re saying. But there are a variety of reasons and you don’t know why the vendor is raising their prices to Disney. My supposition is that this may be the first of other price increases coming to WDW in the near term.

Again I hope I’m wrong and you’re right that it’s limited to a single vendor/service. But I’ve got a bad feeling about this that it’s not.
Obviously there will be more price increases. It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that prices will increase on some things every year.

CntrlFlPete

At one time valet at WDW resorts was complimentary. There are many reasons that went away.

Resort self parking is free now. Obviously the operating participant would be prohibited from underselling theme park parking if it was available to non resort guests.

I was talking about a time when one could go to the polly to valet park. One did not need to be a guest. I did not know they stopped allowing valet to non resort guest, but there was a time when it was a loophole in that one could visit the park and pay less to valet.

peter11435

I was talking about a time when one could go to the polly to valet park. One did not need to be a guest. I did not know they stopped allowing valet to non resort guest, but there was a time when it was a loophole in that one could visit the park and pay less to valet.
Yes. I’m aware. I was talking about the time when guests could go to the Poly and receive complimentary valet even if they weren’t staying there.

They did not stop allowing valet for non resorts.

Lilofan

It was at a time operated by Disney cast until valet got outsourced to third party. I would never use valet. I don't trust anyone to drive my manual transmission cars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom