Pre trip and day one

Cast members:

Me (hubby): planner, schemer, web surfer, bean counter, Disney commando and generally a lazy, cheap, beer drinking bum.

DS-(also known as -wifey)-over worked, under paid, semi commando Disney fan-- as long as someone else does the planning,

TTS (also known as darling son)-Typical Teenage Son-15 years old and knows everything, won't admit how much he likes Disney cause he's gotta be 'cool'

My Disney Vacation, how I spent my Disney Vacation, what I did on my Disney vacation, the first day of my Disney vacation I got up way to early....oh-wait; this form has already been done-sorry I got lost back in the 70's again.

Pre-trip...I surfed the web researching and learning about how to save money and plan our trip-spent many hours on http://www.wdwinfo.com and http://www.wdwmagic.com, used Pam at http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com. She was great-got us the best rate at Port Orleans Riverside (which is now our favorite place to stay); got an annual pass for the A/P room discount and Disney Dining Experience card. The best money I spent in pre-planning was buying the services of Tour guide Mike-we followed (most) of his advice and it saved us mucho time, (http://www.tourguidemike.com) ((ok-enough shameless plugs)). Searched airlines for the best times and rates and booked airfare myself. I finally quit talking about the plans I was making for our trip-wifey and TTS started calling me "Clark Griswold". Dropped off Princess and Tiki (1 ½ year old Pugs) with a good friend Friday afternoon and went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and had Margaritas :) :)

Lets GO!!! Sat. June 4th.....BRRRPPPPPPPP!!!!! Alarm goes off at 3:45 a.m. which is WAY too early for any normal human to be getting out of bed (oh why did I have that second margarita??). Thankfully we were already 90% packed-loaded car and at the airport at 4:50 for our 6:00 a.m. flight. No problems and landed at a little before 11:00 a.m. Thankfully we had already been prepping for the weather-for the last month we had set the heat set at home on 163.27 degrees and had water boiling on the stove constantly for added humidity. Got off the plane and it felt just like home ;) We used the Magical Express and had checked into the hotel and were on the bus to Epcot by 1:15 (had to check out the flower festival). Yep-it was crowded but if was worth it to see all the displays and listen to Arlo Guthrie; we did wait in our only line for the entire week-we wanted to do Soarin and the stand by line said 40 minutes; 1 hour and 20 minutes later we were on the ride. I told the family NEVER again-if the wait is more than 15 minutes we will fast pass or come back later. Went to the Living Seas at 5:00 for dinner TTS and I both had the Lobster soup and Scallops and Shrimp Pasta (which was excellent); wifey had Lobster soup, Tilapia (spelling??) and crab cakes (she let me finish her soup and had her Crab Cake---I love her), I had a beer and wifey had a glass of wine. We saved $22.29 with the DDE card. After dinner we walked around the World Showcase soaking in the sights and getting into the Disney Spirit by stopping in several countries to do our part in providing employment opportunities at the brewing establishments (really...I promise....I didn't want to drink their local beers I was just trying to help out their economies). We tried to stay for the fireworks but we were just too tired-headed back to the resort (where our bags had "magically appeared' in our rooms) and crashed.

Day 2 next

Bill

S_Grise

For some reason, I didn't see this until after day 2, either! Great report. I thought I was the only one who was so about trip planning! In our case, it's paid off every time. For the past 2 trips, I let the hubster handle finding the best resort/airfare deals. Now that I've been coming to this forum, I realize I can never do that again. His idea of finding the best deal was to call the travel agent. Sheesh! I'll be doing ALLL the planning this time. (rubbing hands together) Power is cool.

aeillill

heh, man do i understand the clark griswold thing. My entire family refers to me as that whenever we go on vacations due to a few unfortunate marching band trips. Before each trip I have to pledge to be my usual cheery self and not at all griswold-ish :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom