Pre-race carb loading

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
...what are some of your favorite places to eat & things to eat pre-race? Trying to reserve dining for October and need new ideas.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
...what are some of your favorite places to eat & things to eat pre-race? Trying to reserve dining for October and need new ideas.

I like pasta with protein, like pasta primavera with grilled chicken, spaghetti with a meat sauce, pizza - i.e., go the white stuff (bread, pasta), you're told to avoid. Just avoid anything with a heavy or spicy sauce. And stuff that is known to produce gas, like beans. And greasy, fried food. I like to eat my big meal as a late lunch and then a light dinner the day before a race. A bagel with peanut butter the morning of.

I'd do the buffets, pizza places, Via Napoli, Mama Melrose, places like that.

Texas84

I like bland value resort food court pasta, usually it's build-your-own. I won't go to a fancy place because it can give you stomach problems during the race. And you really don't want to 'load.' That's a myth. Also drink water.

I will sometimes get a chicken Caesar salad but I don't recommend that. May be too much fiber for some. But it works for me.

A lot of the resorts will have a special 'safe' pasta dish before races.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I like bland value resort food court pasta, usually it's build-your-own. I won't go to a fancy place because it can give you stomach problems during the race. And you really don't want to 'load.' That's a myth. Also drink water.

I will sometimes get a chicken Caesar salad but I don't recommend that. May be too much fiber for some. But it works for me.

A lot of the resorts will have a special 'safe' pasta dish before races.

I've done AS Movies CYO pasta the last 2 races but wanted to venture out.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
All the pasta items I mentioned, I make myself and bring with me. Also have a tuna pasta salad that's a good choice.

Agree with @Texas84, avoid anything new or high fiber, hence the WHITE, not whole grain, stuff. And huge portions.

surfsupdon

I agree that I love a food court spaghetti and meatballs. Will usually eat two. Mama Melrose is also a pretty consistent stop I make. I will supplement these meals with protein throughout the days before. And I also have a rule to stop at a water fountain and drink each time I pass one, to stay super hydrated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom