Pre Opening Expectations

wdrive

Original Poster
Just for my own curiosity, is anyone here well versed on Disneyland Paris pre opening, specifically the hotels?
The resorts early financial troubles are well documented. But I can’t help looking back and thinking what were they expecting. 7 large resorts to accompany 1 relatively small theme park. Did no one at the time suspect they might not be filled? It would have to have been a monster hit out the gates to fill them all.
Was there any doubt at the time? From what I know it seems everyone expected it to be a smash hit.

ToTBellHop

Just for my own curiosity, is anyone here well versed on Disneyland Paris pre opening, specifically the hotels?
The resorts early financial troubles are well documented. But I can’t help looking back and thinking what were they expecting. 7 large resorts to accompany 1 relatively small theme park. Did no one at the time suspect they might not be filled? It would have to have been a monster hit out the gates to fill them all.
Was there any doubt at the time? From what I know it seems everyone expected it to be a smash hit.
Eisner had quite the ego and EuroDisney definitely tarnished his image.

Robbiem

I remember reading when euro Disney opened it had more hotel rooms than WDW had. They were also planning to open Disney MGM Europe three years later in 95 and the lava lagoon waterpark so I guess the hotels were planned for a much larger resort. Even so it really is an example of overbuilding the wrong way the opposite of Hong Kong under building

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom