Pre-Illuminations Music?

ChefMickeyGrits

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

Could someone help me - I am trying to make a mix CD of epcot music and would be thrilled if I could find the songs that play before Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. I know these two:

"Flute Battle" (by Cusco)
"Inca Dance" (by Cusco)

In particular, I am looking for that really cool upbeat song that comes on a few songs before the show starts. Almost sounds like a good beer drinking song! With almost a Celtic kind of a feel? Does anyone have a clue what I am talking about? If you have any idea who does this song or what it's called (or any of the pre-illuminations songs other than what I've listed) I'd be eternally grateful! Thanks! :wave:

Thanks!

MrNonacho

Premium Member
The tracks you are talking about are no longer played before the show. They started playing a new loop on July 4th, 2004. Here's the old list:

From http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/:

01. “They Were Dancing Barefoot” by Yehuda Poliker (from the CD “For Your Blue Eyes”, NMC Music 20835-2, 1992)

02. “Superwasp/Along The Coast Of Norway/Neckbuster” by Seelyhoo (from the CD “The First Caul”, Greentrax CDTRAX 102, 1996)

03. “Native Funk” by Burning Sky (from the CD “Blood of the Land”, Canyon Records CR-7026, 1995)

04. “Flute Battle” by Cusco (from the CD “Apurimac”, Higher Octave, 1988)

05. “The Concertina Set” by Bùrach (from the CD “The Weird Set”, Greentrax CDTRAX 093, 1995)

06. “Imeland” by Groupa (from the CD “Imeland”, Amigo Music AMCD 730, 1995, reissued on the US compilation “Fifteen Years”, Northside Records, 1998)

07. “Montezuma” by Cusco (from the CD “Apurimac, Vol. 2: Return To Ancient America”, Higher Octave, 1994)

08. “30-års Jiggen (Thirty-Year Jig)” by Väsen (from the CD “Whirled”, Northside Records NSD-6006, 1997 - U.S. release of the original Swedish CD “Världens Väsen”, Xource XOUCD 118, 1997)

09. “Inca Dance” by Cusco (from the CD “Apurimac”, Higher Octave, 1988)

10. “Appalachian Morning” by John Williams & The Boston Pops (from the CD “The Green Album”, Sony Classical SK 48224, 1992)

notes:

selections 6 & 8 are both available on the various artists compilation CD, “Nordic Roots: Northside Sampler” (Northside Records, 1998)

selections 4, 7 & 9 are available on a variety of CDs by Cusco and various artists packages

selection 3 is also available on the various artists compilation CD "The Rough Guide: Native American Music" (World Music Network, 1998)

selection 2 is also available on the various artists CD sampler, “Folk ‘n’ Hell: Fiery New Music From Scotland” (Blue Note Records, 1997)

And here's the new list:

1) Jalan Kopo - Artist: Jalan Kopo from Indonesia

2) Falling Through a Cloud - Artist: East Wind Uttara-Kuru from Japan

3) Busindre Reel - Artist: Hevia from Spain

4) Gaviotes - Artist: Hevia

5) Tula - Artist: Cusco from South America

6) Our Life - Artist: East Wind Uttara-Kuru from Japan

7) The Bear - Artist: Nordic Roots from Scandinavia

8) Red Skies - Artist: Omar Faruk Tetbilek

9) Texas - Artist: Nordic Roots from Scandinavia

SpectroMan

Search for Pre-Illumination Music on this site, and it will take you to a thread that has both the old and new loops. They are the whole loops, but you can cut them if you have a editing program. Other music download sites should have them, but I have never been on any dowload site. So, I am not sure.

KevinPage

ChefMickeyGrits said:
Hi everyone,

Could someone help me - I am trying to make a mix CD of epcot music and would be thrilled if I could find the songs that play before Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. I know these two:
"Flute Battle" (by Cusco)
"Inca Dance" (by Cusco)
In particular, I am looking for that really cool upbeat song that comes on a few songs before the show starts. Almost sounds like a good beer drinking song! With almost a Celtic kind of a feel? Does anyone have a clue what I am talking about? If you have any idea who does this song or what it's called (or any of the pre-illuminations songs other than what I've listed) I'd be eternally grateful! Thanks! :wave:
Thanks!

I have both versions, catch me on AOL IM if you want me to send them to you :D :D :D

Tomorrowland

I have the complete pre-show music (note, the music you are referring to is from the previous pre-show loop). If you use AOL instant messanger, I can send it to you. My screen name is horizonstta.

Jeff

DisneyMarg

SpectroMan said:
Search for Pre-Illumination Music on this site, and it will take you to a thread that has both the old and new loops. They are the whole loops, but you can cut them if you have a editing program. Other music download sites should have them, but I have never been on any dowload site. So, I am not sure.

I can't see the site link.

And does anyone know about the current Post-Illumination music? There was a great song about how we will both go on through the years.

We were walking around Epcot on the last night of our 20th anniv trip and it just plain made me cry. It sounded like something a popular artist would do. I just am not that up on current music.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
DisneyMarg said:
And does anyone know about the current Post-Illumination music? There was a great song about how we will both go on through the years.

That would be Promise, performed by Kellie Coffee (a country singer). It was produced specifically for Disney and can be found on the Illuminations CD.

DisneyMarg

MrNonacho said:
That would be Promise, performed by Kellie Coffee (a country singer). It was produced specifically for Disney and can be found on the Illuminations CD.

Thank you so much, MrNonacho! I found the words - and they are more beautiful I thought.

PS - love your avatar!

dsmgms

In a related topic, does anyone have the song titles for the entrance loop at Epcot. I know that one of the songs is from Journey into Imaginaiton and the main song from the the American Adventure (performed by the Prauge Symphony Orchestra), but I'm trying to figure out the title of the other song that seems to be the first on the loop. It's also the song that plays when you click on the Epcot link on the Disney web site as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom