Praise for the Baby Centers!

kaylasmom

Original Poster
I just gave birth to baby girl number 2 three weeks ago this coming Tuesday. When I had my first daughter, we lived in Kissimmee, and about a month after she was born I took her to WDW often to fend off boredom while I was out on Maternity leave. And of course, I took full advantage of the baby centers at the parks.

I mention this because now we live about 2 hours away from WDW and don't get to go as much, and I realize how AWESOME the baby centers are and can't figure out why more parks/stores don't have facilities like Disney. They would be such a plus for some parents that we would probably frequent their parks/stores more often!

I took both my girls to the Strawberry Festival in Floral City yesterday (NOT the Plant City one, mind you). Baby needed changing, they had absolutely no facilities for changing babies. Then later, I made a quick trip in to my local Walgreens and my 2 year old needed changing, they didn't have any changing tables either. Not even a Koala Care station...NOTHING. I ended up changing them in my van. I don't have a problem with doing this in my van, it's just so much more convenient to change children in proper facilites.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't expect every store, large or small to develop a baby center or even a mother's room like at Babies R' Us... I'm merely commenting on how much the lack of facilities at other places makes me appreciate the attention to detail that Disney puts into their baby centers. It will be wonderful when I go back down to WDW in a few weeks to have clean, comfortable facilities in which to change, feed, and rest with the kids.

For those of you who don't have children and like to give out info about WDW to your friends, you should hype the magnificence of the baby centers to your friends visiting WDW who have children. The Baby Centers are AIR CONDITIONED, have a private room for nursing mothers, a kitchen with microwave and stove for heating food, a water cooler, very large padded changing tables with nearby trash collection, high chairs, televisions, and toy rooms. If you need formula, diapers, pacifiers, bottles, or sippy cups, they sell those too! They are meccas for those of us with little ones in tow!

Just thought I'd give some kudos to a great perk at WDW resort!

elizs77

Thanks for the info! Am taking a 10 mo old in May, first trip w/ an infant. Have been questioning by sanity, but this will help!

kaylasmom

Original Poster
No problem! Enjoy your trip with the baby. It's not so difficult if you just remember to bring everything in the nursery with you!!! :)

Kristamouse

I 3rd that praise. I have a 4 and 3 year old and one on the way. They had both been to WDW before there 1st birthday and this baby will be there at 8 weeks. The Baby Centers are great and we have been to all of them. Nice place to go and chill, a nice break for the whole family. I just wish they were a little more central. EPCOTS is in FW and MK is by the Crystal Palace, but worth the walk. I have been know to dose in there while baby was nursing. DH and DS were out cold sleeping too, we did mean to use Baby Center as a nap spot, it was just so cool and quite in there we all snoozed.

DAKOTADISNEY

My 7 yr. old daughter and I were searching for a bathroom at AK on our last trip. I saw a sign for a baby center and figured they had to have a bathroom. I was amazed by the facility. My girls aren't little anymore but for those of you with small ones it would be a lifesaver. The CM there was very nice, of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom