Post Thanksgiving - Pre XMas Crowds?

mbtohill

After many trips in early May, thinking of surprising our DD's with a trip this winter, post Thanksgiving - Pre Xmas to take in all that the parks have to offer during that time over a long weekend, Thurs-Sun.

I've read that the crowds are very light during those 3 week leading up to Christmas. Anyone with experience that can confirm or deny? Also, is it best to go as early in December as possible??

docdebbi

yes, it is an excellent time to go. very light crowds but all the Christmas decorations and party.
but think this through, there is a reason no one goes then, it's called Christmas preparations. we had to shop early, wrap early, decorate early, everything but party early!
if you are a good planner and can afford time out before Christmas, (i know you said ony 4 days, we did 9), go for it. it's perfect! and except for that last week before Christmas, it doesn't matter when in this time frame you go. the week leading up can be crowded
be sure to get to Fort wilderness - i see you were there before- and check out the decorations.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The crowds are lighter, but light crowds simply no longer exist for any extended period at WDW. Once kids start getting out for winter break, crowds will begin to increase to holiday levels. You also have Pop Warner kids to deal with during early December. They do not have much effect on the parks, but they can be murder if they are at your resort.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

We were there the first week of December back in 2006, and the crowds were lighter than other times of year we'd gone. The weather was nice - cool in the evenings. A few days were warm enough for the pool, others weren't. The decorations are beautiful, it's a great time of year to visit!

Upvote 0

BoarderPhreak

Easily my favorite time to go. Not crowded at all, though still busy. Wasn't always like this - but people are catching on. Weather's nice too. Bonus is that everything's decked out for the holidays. Win-win-win.

Upvote 0

Sparkle81

We're actually going in early December and it'll be the first time we've gone at that time of year. It sounds like we might have made a good decision then! :)

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I'll be there during that same time, as I do every year at this time -- its among the lowest crowds of the year (note, that doesn't mean no lines, but certainly way lower than most other times of year)....you'll have a great time.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We went Dec 7-13 back in 2010. The crowds were definitely decent, but not a ghost town either. Still, it's so nice seeing the parks and resorts decked out for the holidays.

Upvote 0

disneyfan1995

The first 2 weeks of December are perfect times to go! The crowds are light and you get to experience all of the holiday decorations. The only thing is that personally I'd avoid MK on any days that they are taping the parade.

Upvote 0

cslafferty

The first 2 weeks of December are perfect times to go! The crowds are light and you get to experience all of the holiday decorations. The only thing is that personally I'd avoid MK on any days that they are taping the parade.
This. They usually tape the first Fri. and Sat of Dec. We're going to be there Dec. 6-11. My favorite time to go!!

Upvote 0

wolf359

I've been that time of year twice, and I think it really is my favorite time of year to visit. But as Master Yoda and others have said, I think the secret is out and it's no longer deserted the way it used to be. Crowds are still lighter than many other times of year, but I would still expect modest waits most everywhere.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom