Post Office question

RissaB

Good morning,

This time tomorrow I will be just arriving at our local airport on our way to WDW!!!! I know from past trips that I will be able to purchase stamps pretty much everywhere including our resort store but I have never tried to mail anything larger then a postcard from the world before. If I wanted to post a large padded envelope or small box....... where could I do this from?

Back to packing while I wait for response. :sohappy:

disneydiva72

Good morning,

This time tomorrow I will be just arriving at our local airport on our way to WDW!!!! I know from past trips that I will be able to purchase stamps pretty much everywhere including our resort store but I have never tried to mail anything larger then a postcard from the world before. If I wanted to post a large padded envelope or small box....... where could I do this from?

Back to packing while I wait for response. :sohappy:

I mailed a package from the front desk of our hotel.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

RissaB

Original Poster
Thanks for responding!! Do you know if they just sell the stamps and post the packages or can they actually tell me what postage is needed? I want to post a few t-shirts for friends of my daughters' rather than carting them home and putting them in a padded envelope will do the trick but I have no idea what the postage will be.

Upvote 0

brkgnews

Thanks for responding!! Do you know if they just sell the stamps and post the packages or can they actually tell me what postage is needed? I want to post a few t-shirts for friends of my daughters' rather than carting them home and putting them in a padded envelope will do the trick but I have no idea what the postage will be.
I've never done anything more than buy a stamp. I have not seen where they could weigh the packages for guests. I suppose it's a possibility, but I've never seen it. Perhaps give the ol' WDW switchboard or guest relations a ring to find out? The number to the switchboard is in my signature. :wave:

Upvote 0

Rob562

I don't think the front desks can advise you on how much a package would cost through the US Postal Service, but there's another possibility...

Before you leave home, stop by your local post office and pick up one of the flat-rate Priorty Mail boxes. I think the postage for those is about $8-9, no matter what the box weighs. The only requirement is that the box be able to close securely. Pre-purchase the required postage from the counter.
Then just pack the un-assembled box in your luggage. At the hotel, stuff as many of your souveniers into the box as you want, seal up the box and ask the front desk to put it in with their outgoing mail.

-Rob

Upvote 0

brkgnews

I don't think the front desks can advise you on how much a package would cost through the US Postal Service, but there's another possibility...

Before you leave home, stop by your local post office and pick up one of the flat-rate Priorty Mail boxes. I think the postage for those is about $8-9, no matter what the box weighs. The only requirement is that the box be able to close securely. Pre-purchase the required postage from the counter.
Then just pack the un-assembled box in your luggage. At the hotel, stuff as many of your souveniers into the box as you want, seal up the box and ask the front desk to put it in with their outgoing mail.

-Rob
Wise advice. :D

Upvote 0

RissaB

Original Poster
That is a great idea but I don't think it will work for me as I am coming from Canada. We have the same prepaid packaging but it's national not international. Will check with them though, it might be a low demand product that is not placed out in the open. Thank you!!!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

USPS sells a flat rate international parcel box. Sometimes it is only available at larger USPS offices, but even rural areas can get them in. I would think if USPS has this Canada would have something similar. It's not generally out in the open at many offices so you may have to ask and see if it's available in Canada. Good luck!

Upvote 0

abug'saunt

I don't know how much this will help but last year my hubby bought a big fig of Mickey dressed as a tie-fighter pilot at SWW and mailed it to himself from our resort. Plus it cost only $25 and went from FL to Idaho.

Upvote 0

Rob562

USPS sells a flat rate international parcel box. Sometimes it is only available at larger USPS offices, but even rural areas can get them in. I would think if USPS has this Canada would have something similar. It's not generally out in the open at many offices so you may have to ask and see if it's available in Canada. Good luck!

The only problem is that they'll be mailing the box while in the US. So the box would require US postage on it. They would have to find a way of getting the USPS International Flat-Rate box and postage. The postage they could conceivably print out online before leaving home by going to the USPS website. The box is another matter.

BTW, the cost for the USPS Domestic Flat-Rate box is $9.80.
The boxes are available in two sizes: 11"x8.5"x5.5" and 13-5/8"x11-7/8"x3-3/8"

An International Flat Rate box to Canada or Mexico is $23, other countries is $37. A large box is $29.95/$49.95. I can't seem to find the dimensions of the International Flat Rate boxes.

-Rob

Upvote 0

macsmom

Maybe guest relations in one of the parks will be able to help? Can't you mail stuff from the resorts? Maybe someone there can help.

danna

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom