Possible November Trip

AgentB911

OK...so I am completely beside myself with excitement here!:ROFLOL: My wife and I finally got our schedules to coordinate and we now have a full week off in November. This would be the second full week in November, starting on the 11th. We're looking at arriving on the 12th and leaving on the 18th. So now I have a ton of questions for you seasoned veterans:

Most importantly, crowd levels! What are they like in November, and specifically, when we are planning on going?

What is the weather like in November? I know it is hurricane season...but what about rain and temps?

What about the MVMCP? And Osbourne?:xmas: I know we'll miss the Epcot stuff:( but that can't be avoided. Is Osbourne a seperate ticket as well?

Can we expect a free dining offer?

(As I'm typing this a WDW commercial appears on TV! LOL)

Anything else I should know about visiting in November? Our previous two trips have been in September ('08 and '09):shrug:

Thanks in advance! Yinz guys are awesome!
Brian

rudetreehill

Just finished booking my November trip, too, arriving on the 7th (planning to run the 5k being held during the Food & Wine FEstival's annual marathon).

Great news (for you!) on the crowd front: According to crowd estimates that rank crowds on a scale of 1-10, it looks like the first five days you're there wil be mostly 2 and 3's throughout the parks. It WILL get more crowded toward the end of your trip, but that's to be expected. (Sadly, for me, crowd levels are far higher -- more like 7 and 8 -- during my days there. But that's okay... I'm there to relax by the pool and hit the pool bar!)

Looks like there are Mickey's VMCP's scheduled for Tuesday, the 13th and Friday, the 16th. If possible, I'd book the Tuesday one, as the crowd levels are likely to be lower.

Weather can be a tad sketchy. In the past, I've gone the week after Thanksgiving... and I've had GORGEOUS weather on some trips, so-so on others. Generally speaking though, it should be pretty decent, especially during the day. But plan for it to be a tad on the chilly side at night.

I haven't yet seen any word on when the Osbourne Festival of Lights will begin this year, but it's usually around November 10th. It is NOT a separate ticket, it's included with park admission.

I wouldn't expect a free dining plan, although it IS possible. I'd book your trip now and then, should free dining become available later, just cancel and rebook it. As long as it's (I believe) 45 days before, you won't face any charges for changing the reservation, so you have nothing to lose.

If you have any other questions, hit me up. I love planning other people's trips almost as much as I love planning my own! LOL

Upvote 0

dgm21578

my info may be outdated

We went to Disney in November or 2009; so none of this may apply. Keep in mind some of the new Fantasyland should be open or opening throughout this year. I don't think anyone can predict how that will affect crowd levels. But the crowds are pretty light, similar to September. Most people use Touring Plans I guess, but I don't know how accurate they are.

The weather should be fine (no one can predict hurricanes in my opinion). But temperature wise it's a good time to go. I've only had 1 rainy day in Disney world in 7 trips (usually stay a week). I wouldn't stress over rain. In fact, we just came back 2 weeks ago and were supposed to have rain 3 of the 8 days we were there and never felt a drop! Accuweather, not so accurate.

Rest I can't help with.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

OK...so I am completely beside myself with excitement here!:ROFLOL: My wife and I finally got our schedules to coordinate and we now have a full week off in November. This would be the second full week in November, starting on the 11th. We're looking at arriving on the 12th and leaving on the 18th. So now I have a ton of questions for you seasoned veterans:

Most importantly, crowd levels! What are they like in November, and specifically, when we are planning on going?

What is the weather like in November? I know it is hurricane season...but what about rain and temps?

What about the MVMCP? And Osbourne?:xmas: I know we'll miss the Epcot stuff:( but that can't be avoided. Is Osbourne a seperate ticket as well?

Can we expect a free dining offer?

(As I'm typing this a WDW commercial appears on TV! LOL)

Anything else I should know about visiting in November? Our previous two trips have been in September ('08 and '09):shrug:

Thanks in advance! Yinz guys are awesome!
Brian

CROWDS: We've been that week twice in the past 3 years and have found the crowds extremely light, except on the weekends. As PP said, Fantasylant opening may change things a bit. Also, this year Veterans Day is Monday 11/12 so your first day may be a bit more crowded.

WEATHER: Historically has been perfect. Little to no rain, high 70s during the day and mid-high 60s at night.

MVMCP should be going on. Osborne lights as well - and it's included in Hollywood Studios admission (goes from dusk to park close).

No idea if they are going to offer free dining but I have my fingers crossed as well!

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

I live in South Florida and can tell you that is very late in the hurricane season. Most activity is Aug. and Sept. Weather is usually low 80's to high 70's days 60's nights. Little rain unless a front comes threw then it only last a few hours. Crowds are very low up to Thanksgiving as most people are waiting for the schools to get out for the holiday. There has been Free Dinning for that week in the past but no telling this year. Discounts have been reduced this year. Watch for an announcement around August for Nov. discounts. You will love it that time of year!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

As a pp noted, Nov is the tail end of hurricane season, so the risk is quite low. Highs are usually mid to upper 70s around this time, but it can get up into the low to mid 80s depending on the year.

As for discounts...while nobody knows what will be offered and when it will come out...you can refer to the historical discounts chart on Mousesavers to get an idea of what's come out in the past...
http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html
While last year's discounts around that time all seem to be room discounts, the previous year had free dining offered in November. I don't know where you're planning on staying, but a room discount is often the better deal if you're looking at a deluxe resort.

Upvote 0

GOT2SAMMIES

We stayed in Nov around that time in 2010 and it was perfect. I got a pin code on the mail about two weeks ago for around that time period for $70 night value and such... I would go the Disney website ASAP and plug in those dates and see what works and maybe order a 2012 Vacay DVD. You might be able to get a pin code for that time frame. I dont think we are going to make it this year BUT I haven;t counted it out!

Upvote 0

lebeau

As a pp noted, Nov is the tail end of hurricane season, so the risk is quite low. Highs are usually mid to upper 70s around this time, but it can get up into the low to mid 80s depending on the year.

As for discounts...while nobody knows what will be offered and when it will come out...you can refer to the historical discounts chart on Mousesavers to get an idea of what's come out in the past...
http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html
While last year's discounts around that time all seem to be room discounts, the previous year had free dining offered in November. I don't know where you're planning on staying, but a room discount is often the better deal if you're looking at a deluxe resort.

Free dining was offered all last November.

10/1/11-12/15/11 package deal ("free dining") for general public

Upvote 0

lebeau

I wouldn't expect a free dining plan, although it IS possible. I'd book your trip now and then, should free dining become available later, just cancel and rebook it. As long as it's (I believe) 45 days before, you won't face any charges for changing the reservation, so you have nothing to lose.

I'm planning a Nov trip myself. A little while back, I asked about the advantage of booking early. The general consensus seemed to be that unless you just had to have a specific room and were worried it would be filled, you are better off NOT booking early and waiting for the discount codes to become available.

By booking early, you are actually reducing the likelihood of discounts being offered. If all the rooms are booked, Disney won't need to offer discounts.

This changes at 180 days. At that point, there is the small advantage of being able to book ADRs for 10 days out from your arrival date.

If you're more interested in a discount offer than getting a specific type of room, I would definitely recommend NOT booking early.

Upvote 0

Castle Dreamer

We were there from 11/13 to 11/22 last year. The crowds were very manageable. Started to get crowded last couple of days because it was Thanksgiving week but the rest of the time was great.

I found the weather to be very nice but there were more cloudy times than past trips when we went in early October. Don't know if this is common or just by chance. Temps were in the upper 70's most days and it was very enjoyable.

Both the Christmas Party and Osborne Lights were in full swing. I would recommend seeing both.

Upvote 0

AgentB911

Original Poster
Thanks, everyone, for all the AWESOME advice!!!

As far as a free DDP offer goes, I recently heard that those staying at the values cannot take advantage of the table service plan, and are only offered the quick service plan. Any truth to this?

Also, I was under the impression that if you booked early, any discounts or offers that became available could be applied to your trip, as long as it's not paid in full, and there is no need to cancel and re-book, or put off booking at all. Is this true as well?

Thanks everyone!!!
Brian

Upvote 0

lebeau

Thanks, everyone, for all the AWESOME advice!!!

As far as a free DDP offer goes, I recently heard that those staying at the values cannot take advantage of the table service plan, and are only offered the quick service plan. Any truth to this?

Also, I was under the impression that if you booked early, any discounts or offers that became available could be applied to your trip, as long as it's not paid in full, and there is no need to cancel and re-book, or put off booking at all. Is this true as well?

Thanks everyone!!!
Brian

In recent years, if Disney offers Free Dining, the Values get the counter service whereas the mods and deluxes get the regular plan. You can stay at the Values and upgrade the counter service plan. This is cheaper than staying at the Mods for the regular plan. Or you can just upgrade to the Mods if they are worth the price difference to you.

You can apply a discount if one becomes available at a later date.

Conventional wisdom around here is to book early and apply discounts later. But I think this benefits Disney more than the average guest.

Before you book, ask yourself what you are gaining by booking early. Every room booked makes it less likely Disney will send out discounts. And booking a room does not in any way make it more likely you will be able to apply a discount to it. If anything, the opposite is true.

If room choice is more important to you than a discount, by all means book early and apply discounts if they become available. But if a discount is more important to you than a specific room, you are probably better off waiting.

Upvote 0

AgentB911

Original Poster
In recent years, if Disney offers Free Dining, the Values get the counter service whereas the mods and deluxes get the regular plan. You can stay at the Values and upgrade the counter service plan. This is cheaper than staying at the Mods for the regular plan. Or you can just upgrade to the Mods if they are worth the price difference to you.

You can apply a discount if one becomes available at a later date.

Conventional wisdom around here is to book early and apply discounts later. But I think this benefits Disney more than the average guest.

Before you book, ask yourself what you are gaining by booking early. Every room booked makes it less likely Disney will send out discounts. And booking a room does not in any way make it more likely you will be able to apply a discount to it. If anything, the opposite is true.

If room choice is more important to you than a discount, by all means book early and apply discounts if they become available. But if a discount is more important to you than a specific room, you are probably better off waiting.

Thanks, Lebeau...this makes perfect sense! So, would it be worth the price to stay at a Mod to take advantage of free table DDP, or stay at a Value and upgrade to table DDP if free counter DDP is offered? Right now, we are looking at a Value...either Music or Pop. We've stayed at Pop and Movies before, that's why I was considering Music this time.
Thanks again!
Brian

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom