Possible Early Arrival of Magic Bands

HouCuseChickie

My original ones that were ordered on Dec 8th are still MIA, but the new ones shipped out January 13th and look like they should be delivered on Tuesday. Now, let's hope they're all of the right bands!

LittleMerman

My original ones that were ordered on Dec 8th are still MIA, but the new ones shipped out January 13th and look like they should be delivered on Tuesday. Now, let's hope they're all of the right bands!
Yikes. I ordered mine a week ago and we leave in 18 days. I don't have a good feeling about it. I've heard that if you don't have them a week out from your trip to call and request them sent to your resort. I'm planning on trying that. I'll be really upset if they don't make it on time - I'm going with a first timer and want him to experience it. It's bad enough they aren't free anymore.

HouCuseChickie

Yikes. I ordered mine a week ago and we leave in 18 days. I don't have a good feeling about it. I've heard that if you don't have them a week out from your trip to call and request them sent to your resort. I'm planning on trying that. I'll be really upset if they don't make it on time - I'm going with a first timer and want him to experience it. It's bad enough they aren't free anymore.

Have you gotten your shipment notification yet? I'm more optimistic about my second set. It took a little over a week for the shipment notification to be emailed, but this time, they are actually moving. It started with the same Davenport, FL status, then it moved to Austell, GA, then the large postal sorting center in my area. I can see, as of this morning, that they've now made it to my local post office and should be delivered tomorrow. Barring any unforeseen delivery issues, my biggest concern is my band being included in the package.

On a side note, it looks like we'll also be there about the same time.

LittleMerman

Have you gotten your shipment notification yet? I'm more optimistic about my second set. It took a little over a week for the shipment notification to be emailed, but this time, they are actually moving. It started with the same Davenport, FL status, then it moved to Austell, GA, then the large postal sorting center in my area. I can see, as of this morning, that they've now made it to my local post office and should be delivered tomorrow. Barring any unforeseen delivery issues, my biggest concern is my band being included in the package.

On a side note, it looks like we'll also be there about the same time.
When I go to MDE and look under My Plans, it says "Your MagicBand Has Shipped" and when I track it, the last update was on Jan 14 (four days ago) and it was in Davenport, FL! So I guess that's good news =)

PS. That's awesome that we'll be there at the same time! Enjoy your vacation!!

NelleBelle

When I go to MDE and look under My Plans, it says "Your MagicBand Has Shipped" and when I track it, the last update was on Jan 14 (four days ago) and it was in Davenport, FL! So I guess that's good news =)

PS. That's awesome that we'll be there at the same time! Enjoy your vacation!!
Don't get excited that yours is shipping until moves out of Davenport! All of ours moved to Davenport fairly quickly and then just sat...and sat...and sat. Fingers crossed yours will actually move, but it took mine a good 4+ weeks to do it.

LittleMerman

Don't get excited that yours is shipping until moves out of Davenport! All of ours moved to Davenport fairly quickly and then just sat...and sat...and sat. Fingers crossed yours will actually move, but it took mine a good 4+ weeks to do it.
I'll keep an eye on it, thanks for the info. I've heard that if you don't have them about a week out from your trip to call Disney and request them be sent to your resort. Do you know if that's true?

NelleBelle

I'll keep an eye on it, thanks for the info. I've heard that if you don't have them about a week out from your trip to call Disney and request them be sent to your resort. Do you know if that's true?
I’ve heard the same thing but don’t have personal experience with it. I’m a bit of a type-A planner and there was a specific band my mom really like that wasn’t sold on shopDisney—so o wanted to make sure she got it. Otherwise I may have waited a tad closer to our trip in April before ordering it. I definitely had plenty of time for them to get here but I’ve seriously never had any issue with them before. I will say that back when they were free, they typically cam about 2-4 weeks before we arrived. 🤷‍♀️ Hope you don’t have issues and the Christmas backlog is all cleared up now!

kbmum

My MagicBands arrived at my house during our trip. Disney used a shipping partner (which is where everything was held up in Davenport, Florida) to get the boxes to USPS. I called the company and left voicemail, but they never returned my call. I think the problem is with that company and not USPS.

HouCuseChickie

The Good News... the Magic Band reorder request I put in two weeks ago shipped and arrived today.
The Bad News... they only sent me three of the four bands I ordered and paid for.

They were delivered after merch line hours, so I'll be calling tomorrow to try AGAIN to get this fixed. It's been over 42 days since I placed my order and this still isn't right and this missing band is a Disney error. Nothing USPS or shipping partner that I can see with this. :mad:🤬

NelleBelle

The Good News... the Magic Band reorder request I put in two weeks ago shipped and arrived today.
The Bad News... they only sent me three of the four bands I ordered and paid for.

They were delivered after merch line hours, so I'll be calling tomorrow to try AGAIN to get this fixed. It's been over 42 days since I placed my order and this still isn't right and this missing band is a Disney error. Nothing USPS or shipping partner that I can see with this. :mad:🤬
That’s so irritating and frustrating for you to have to make another call to get everything fixed...again!! Sorry this happened—peeved along with you!🤬

HouCuseChickie

That’s so irritating and frustrating for you to have to make another call to get everything fixed...again!! Sorry this happened—peeved along with you!🤬

I'm really trying hard not to lose my temper, but so far, today's efforts to fix this are on par with how this whole ordeal has been over the last now 43 days. I called the merch line right at 9am ET, since that's who I called 2 weeks ago to get this reorder in the works. After waiting on hold for 17 minutes, the girl who answered wasn't trained to handle my issues. Rather than get me to someone on the team who could, she said she'd have to transfer me to the ShopDisney parks line. She gave me their number just in case I got disconnected. The line went to silence when she transferred me. Considering that's what I got on one of the IT lines, I figured it could be normal. After holding for another 15 minutes, the line started making strange noises. I wound up hanging up and calling this ShopDisney parks like directly. It does have hold music, so it's likely I wasn't transferred correctly. I've now been on hold for 30 minutes and still waiting.

NelleBelle

A CM is stationed next to the dispensers. You show your mug, tell them what drink you’d like and they will fill a paper cup which is handed to you.

You pour the drink into your mug. The cold drink paper cup holds more than the mug so you’ll have extra. Hot beverage cups are about equal to mug.

Mugs are currently 19.99.

I'm really trying hard not to lose my temper, but so far, today's efforts to fix this are on par with how this whole ordeal has been over the last now 43 days. I called the merch line right at 9am ET, since that's who I called 2 weeks ago to get this reorder in the works. After waiting on hold for 17 minutes, the girl who answered wasn't trained to handle my issues. Rather than get me to someone on the team who could, she said she'd have to transfer me to the ShopDisney parks line. She gave me their number just in case I got disconnected. The line went to silence when she transferred me. Considering that's what I got on one of the IT lines, I figured it could be normal. After holding for another 15 minutes, the line started making strange noises. I wound up hanging up and calling this ShopDisney parks like directly. It does have hold music, so it's likely I wasn't transferred correctly. I've now been on hold for 30 minutes and still waiting.
Well, that sounds about right. ShopDisney is quite crazy lately. When I was in the frenzy of trying to order the Main Attraction Minnie Ears, each time ShopDisney charged and sent me 2 sets of ears (despite them saying only 1 set of ears could be ordered). My very first order had me down for 8 ears!! I called and had it fixed the first time. The second time it happened they wanted me to send the ears back, on my dime! No thanks! I'll keep 'em. But part of my order never showed up and they had no tracking for it (but low and behold it DID show up weeks later). Just crazy over there lately...I'll let the pandemic take most of the blame as they're probably working from home! 😆

HouCuseChickie

Well, that sounds about right. ShopDisney is quite crazy lately. When I was in the frenzy of trying to order the Main Attraction Minnie Ears, each time ShopDisney charged and sent me 2 sets of ears (despite them saying only 1 set of ears could be ordered). My very first order had me down for 8 ears!! I called and had it fixed the first time. The second time it happened they wanted me to send the ears back, on my dime! No thanks! I'll keep 'em. But part of my order never showed up and they had no tracking for it (but low and behold it DID show up weeks later). Just crazy over there lately...I'll let the pandemic take most of the blame as they're probably working from home! 😆

It took an hour and 37 minutes, but I'm finally off the phone. Turns out my band is out of stock and there's no process in place that notifies the customer in the event of a reorder. So, I'm getting my band $ refunded and I'll just bring my favorite MB in my collection and contemplate buying something cute once we're there. Not happy, but at least there's now resolution.

I'd seen a lot off issues on the Minnie Main Attraction shipments in my various merch groups on Facebook. You definitely shouldn't have to pay for their errors. Still, I'm trying to be understanding because working from home can be challenging and losing my temper with them on the phone isn't going to fix anything. I've been working from home since March 17th and I can sympathize with some of their challenges.

NelleBelle

It took an hour and 37 minutes, but I'm finally off the phone. Turns out my band is out of stock and there's no process in place that notifies the customer in the event of a reorder. So, I'm getting my band $ refunded and I'll just bring my favorite MB in my collection and contemplate buying something cute once we're there. Not happy, but at least there's now resolution.

I'd seen a lot off issues on the Minnie Main Attraction shipments in my various merch groups on Facebook. You definitely shouldn't have to pay for their errors. Still, I'm trying to be understanding because working from home can be challenging and losing my temper with them on the phone isn't going to fix anything. I've been working from home since March 17th and I can sympathize with some of their challenges.
Well that's too bad they couldn't notify you. But at least it finally got resolved. Totally agree it doesn't do any good to lose your temper and I totally have sympathy for everyone who has been working from home. My DH has been in the same boat (although since we're in Seattle and had one of the first cases and went into lock-down in Feb, or at least his company did, he's been at it for almost a year) but in his case, he loves it and has no plans to return as they gave him the option to stay home permanently.

Tealeaf

Will definitely poke me to order my special MB a few months before. Got MDE hooked up and was waiting for an Adventureland/one with Orange Bird but I'd rather have any fun one than just none at all!
My MagicBands arrived at my house during our trip. Disney used a shipping partner (which is where everything was held up in Davenport, Florida) to get the boxes to USPS. I called the company and left voicemail, but they never returned my call. I think the problem is with that company and not USPS.
At least it's not Fedex Smartpost I guess. I'm pleased to hear it's still via USPS but another middleman isn't always the best thing for high volumes.
Still, I'm trying to be understanding because working from home can be challenging and losing my temper with them on the phone isn't going to fix anything. I've been working from home since March 17th and I can sympathize with some of their challenges.
Kudos to you for being understanding and holding that temper. Does worry me that they just shipped everything out and didn't notify you. :/

HouCuseChickie

Well that's too bad they couldn't notify you. But at least it finally got resolved. Totally agree it doesn't do any good to lose your temper and I totally have sympathy for everyone who has been working from home. My DH has been in the same boat (although since we're in Seattle and had one of the first cases and went into lock-down in Feb, or at least his company did, he's been at it for almost a year) but in his case, he loves it and has no plans to return as they gave him the option to stay home permanently.

I had been working from home 3 days a week prior to the pandemic. I've grown pretty fond of being home every day, but there are challenges at times when our most critical functions need to be processed. Still, it's been nice not worrying about the kids biking to and from school and being able to get them to most of their early practices. I also don't miss my commute! I don't know if I'm going to be 100% from home like your husband, but I suspect my employer is going to shift to a lot of time from home even once we're permitted into our office.

HouCuseChickie

Kudos to you for being understanding and holding that temper. Does worry me that they just shipped everything out and didn't notify you. :/

Yes, I feel like their processes for this situation need to be updated. I surely can't be the only one to experience this. The lack of notification bothers me, but the fact that they didn't automatically refund my $20 when it was out of stock is concerning. I'm still considering sending in some constructive criticism, but it's simply because I don't think anyone should have to go through this. Maybe it's my ignorance to their processes and systems, but I feel like this is something they can fix.

Rayne

I ordered my magic bands almost 6 months before our trip to Disney only to find out a month before we were ready to leave that Disney had no record of my order even though I had a confirmation receipt from them. I reordered the magic bands and paid more for ones we did not intend on buying. In two weeks we are leaving for Disney and our magic bands are stuck in Davenport, Fl. I am very worried we will not receive magic bands in time for trip. who can I call in Davenport, Fl to find out when they will deliver magic bands to USPS? Apparently once Disney sends it to Davenport their resopnsibilty is done. I am so frustrated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom