Possible April Trip

psdisney

Hi Everyone! Need some help here please..thank you!

I am thinking of booking a trip in April for the week of 4.11 - 4.18 or 4.18 - 4.25. The first week is the week after Easter Week...what will the crowds be like? I know the second week is school vacation week in MA but I'm not sure if any other states have this week for vacation. Any input will be much appreciated!! Thank you again!

CAPTAIN HOOK

The Easter fortnight (the week leading up to the Easter weekend and the week after it) are busy. Crowds pick up during that first week and drop off (slowly) afterwards. We're not talking Christmas / New Year busy but we're not that far short.

On the plus side, you'll find park hours extended until late to accomodate the extra guests with double showings of Spectro, Fantasmic etc etc

With done Easter 4 times and had a blast every time

Upvote 0

KC82271

Two years ago, we went 8 days after Easter - the Monday after the schools go back that are closed the week of Easter. It was EMPTY from the Monday we arrived, until about Thursday. At the time they were doing the Pirate and Princess Party still and it was being held on the Friday - so we did see more and more people arrive for that. But they don't do it anymore so you should even have that.

One thing I will advise you of is Grad Nights. Not sure of when they are this coming April - but I would suggest avoiding those weekends. Don't know what resort you are staying at - but avoid Pop and All Stars if you are going there that weekend. We had more issues with obnoxious kids (and only one or two each day - but enough to ruin the day) with language, comments, and behavior - even had a bus driver stop the bus on night on the way home from a park and turn on the lights to determine what "grad" made the digusting comment about the bus driver's (male) private parts!! Just a warning.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Hi Everyone! Need some help here please..thank you!

I am thinking of booking a trip in April for the week of 4.11 - 4.18 or 4.18 - 4.25. The first week is the week after Easter Week...what will the crowds be like? I know the second week is school vacation week in MA but I'm not sure if any other states have this week for vacation. Any input will be much appreciated!! Thank you again!

If you are flying, avoid the MA school vacation week due to insanely high flight prices. The crowds in WDW will be lighter that week than the week before, but I'd deal with higher crowds to avoid paying $600 each per plane ticket. :brick:

Upvote 0

Philo

I went just after Easter last year and it was busy - not crazy but certainly busy. One of the best tips I can give is to check the TouringPlans.com suggested parks for each day - It really does work!

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

We always go on Spring Break(also from MA) and we are planning on going again this year the same time. we try to leave home before break starts and after it ends( so this year, were leaving MA on April 16th and coming back the 25th) however, we are drivers. The crowds seem to vary. Some years we go and it seems like were going in the middle of January and nobody is in the parks, hardly no wait, Other times its packed because sometimes our break overlaps with CT, NJ, and we even saw NH one time. On our last trip, in 2008 the parks were quiet until around Thursday, then there was a cheerleading competition going on and they all chose to stay at ALMU and follow us to the parks. Normally though, the parks aren't too bad. we are always surprised by how low the crowds are.
Hope that helps coming from another MA person.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom