Possible ADR Cancellations

psdisney

Original Poster
My DH and DS (will be 7 months at time of trip) are headed to the world in Nov. with my DH's family (15 total). It is very possible that we will be cancelling our trip because we have some reservations about taking our DS (not sure how he will behave!!). Almost 90% of the dining reservations our booked under my name...will they automatically cancel the dining reservations? I don't want to leave DH family scrambling to get ADR's 2 weeks before the trip.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My DH and DS (will be 7 months at time of trip) are headed to the world in Nov. with my DH's family (15 total). It is very possible that we will be cancelling our trip because we have some reservations about taking our DS (not sure how he will behave!!). Almost 90% of the dining reservations our booked under my name...will they automatically cancel the dining reservations? I don't want to leave DH family scrambling to get ADR's 2 weeks before the trip.
Give DH's family the name and reservation confirmation numbers and they'll be fine. I've never been asked to prove who I am when checking in. If the group is going to be three people smaller, you might want to call and change the numbers on the ADRs to possibly free up a table for others.

As for predicting how a 7-month-old will behave, best bet is to pace yourselves to his schedule and be prepared to leave the parks and return to your resort for a nap if he needs it. Most disasters happen when overly tired parents try to force overly-tired and excited kids to "have fun" at all costs. If you pay attention to his needs and go at a pace he can handle, he'll likely have the time of his life [despite him not remembering] and you'll have great memories [and pictures] to share with him later.

Good luck whatever you decide.

CAPTAIN HOOK

You can't go through the rest of your life cancelling things because of the inpredictable behaviour of a 7 month old child !!!!! We've all been that age ourselves and people know that young children will cry, scream or become restless at all the most inappropriate times. All you must do is to minimise the effect that your child is having on other guests - be prepared to leave the restaurant or attraction until the child quietens down again. You're not the first parent to face this dilemma and you won't be the last

MouseearsDeb

I agree with the above posts. As long as your willing to 'step out' of resteraunts, shows, etc. until he settles down then everything will be fine. Just make sure you have the mindset before you ever leave your house that he comes first and everything else will be second. This is the first year our DS7 will be walking the entire trip. So, I have been encouraging him as well as talking with the rest of the family that this WILL NOT be a fast paced vacation! The last thing I want is him crying because someone else is pushing him to HURRY UP! Your a big boy now! type of deal. Not very magical if that is going on! So, we're just going to cruise around this time and take it easy! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom