Port to Parks Question

jl_smith81

Original Poster
My mom and I are traveling on the Magic out of Miami in February. We are planning on going to the parks for a few days after the cruise and have already booked airfare home out of Orlando. What is the best way to get from Port Miami to WDW? We are thinking of just renting a car but would like to know what other options there are. Thanks in advance!

DisneyJoe

My mom and I are traveling on the Magic out of Miami in February. We are planning on going to the parks for a few days after the cruise and have already booked airfare home out of Orlando. What is the best way to get from Port Miami to WDW? We are thinking of just renting a car but would like to know what other options there are. Thanks in advance!
- rent a car
- book a flight MIA to MCO one way
- Greyhound bus
- and I believe there is a train

I'd rent a car

pilka214

Renting a car is probably your best/cheapest option. It's about a 4 1/2 hour drive from Miami to Orlando... a bit longer by bus. Flights are generally pretty inexpensive (under $150 round trip) but having a car to get around Orlando is a huge perk, if you're only going to stay on property then it's not the biggest issue, but orlando has a lot to offer outside the parks, especially at night.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Rent a car or take a flight out of Miami. If you rent a car you will probably have an extra charge of returning it to a different location but you will have the freedom to leave Miami when you want and freedom around WDW. If you fly you will have the opportunity to use Magical Express from the airport and back.

Phonedave

I would rent a car. To fly from Miami to Orlando is way too much time. 2+ hours at the airport to board, then all of 30 minutes to fly, then teh DME after that. Just rent that car and drive. You can return it locally in Orlando. Most rental agencies have shuttle service to their locations and your hotel. You MAY pay a fee for a "one way" rental, but chances are you will not. Most rental agencies around that area of Florida done charge one way fees, becuase the cars move around so much anyway. AMCO, Tampa, Orlando, even Port Canaveral, I have never paid one way rental fees between any of those.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom