Port Orleans Riverside-Preferred Room vs King Bed

hbrc2125

Original Poster
Hello!
In the midst of planning a WDW vacation for this upcoming October/November :)
It will be just my SO and I, so we are really planning on purchasing the "King bed" option, but I also want to ensure that we will be in a good location, seeing as POR is so spread out. (Plus I'm not really a fan or AB, so Magnolia Terrace would be my preference)
I have been using the Touringplans.com room finder, but really cant decide if we should purchase King bed or Preferred, because both options show the majority of rooms in AB.
Our first trip together was spent at POR, we played around with the idea of POFQ, but our heart is stuck in POR. Should we just suck it up and try POFQ?

Any help would be appreciated!!!
:joyfull:

Courtney6682

We are checking in at POR in 23 days(we have never stayed here)...and I have to admit that I kind of wish that we chose FQ based on 2 things...the themeing and the fact that it's smaller than POR...but we went with POR because it was cheaper lol...don't get me wrong..I am SUPERRRRRR excited to be going...but we will def have to give FQ a try. So my vote would be to go for FQ.

BrerWayne

In 2012 we stayed in one of the "Mansions" it was in Oak Manor. The walk was really not bad to the food court and there were two bus stops within reasonable walking distance, one at the food court and one to the rear of Oak Manor. I really love Riverside, I think it is really beautiful.

DizneyPryncess

My husband and I have stayed at both, and preferred FQ because we felt Riverside was too spread out (like you said.) It's certainly a beautiful resort though, and we had a great time there. I can see why your heart would be stuck there. We liked how FQ was smaller, with everything in close proximity. We felt like it was a quiet resort, and that worked for us when it was the 2 of us. I would give it a try, it might be fun to see a new resort. And you can still walk over to Riverside if you miss it. :)

princessmommy

All preferred rooms are in alligator bayou.
What was once preferred mansions are now royal rooms.
If you want to avoid alligator bayou book a king bed room and request mansion building. You won't get oak manor or parterre place as those are the royal buildings.

princessmommy

We are checking in at POR in 23 days(we have never stayed here)...and I have to admit that I kind of wish that we chose FQ based on 2 things...the themeing and the fact that it's smaller than POR...but we went with POR because it was cheaper lol...don't get me wrong..I am SUPERRRRRR excited to be going...but we will def have to give FQ a try. So my vote would be to go for FQ.

You won't be disappointed. While riverside is spread out, you are never far from a bus stop. If it's a ten minute walk to the food court- it's a beautiful peaceful walk:)
We absolutely love it.

Missymoe4

Hello!
In the midst of planning a WDW vacation for this upcoming October/November :)
It will be just my SO and I, so we are really planning on purchasing the "King bed" option, but I also want to ensure that we will be in a good location, seeing as POR is so spread out. (Plus I'm not really a fan or AB, so Magnolia Terrace would be my preference)
I have been using the Touringplans.com room finder, but really cant decide if we should purchase King bed or Preferred, because both options show the majority of rooms in AB.
Our first trip together was spent at POR, we played around with the idea of POFQ, but our heart is stuck in POR. Should we just suck it up and try POFQ?

Any help would be appreciated!!!
:joyfull:

Try FQ. I thought it was quite romantic and charming.

mavlax20

My wife and I stayed at POR when we went in 2013, and we enjoyed it. While it is bigger, they also have more pools than POFQ, and I think my biggest thought is that if I book POFQ and wanna spend a day at the pool, is it going to be loud with a lot of kids, whereas since POR has 6 pools, there are more options for a quiet pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom