Port Orleans-Riverside or French Quarter?

Mickeylover

I will be going to WDW (I cant wait) with my family from Jan 26th-30th, and we have decided on the Port Orleans. Their will be 4 of us total, and I was wondering if the rooms at the Port Orleans are big enough to hold all of us. Should we consider getting 2 rooms?

Also, which is better French Quarter or Riverside? I have read some past forums, but didn't really come to a conclusion.

Any other tips?

pinkrose

We usually stay at POR and love it. There's always been plenty of room for the 4 of us (2 adults and 2 children).

My husband and I are taking a trip with friends in Feb. to wdw and will be trying POFQ. I can't wait. Since we've never staying in FQ before, I can't comment on which one is best, but we do love POR.

Upvote 0

I have also never stayed at French Quarter, but love Riverside. It is my favorite Resort. Four people in a room should be no problem. Have fun!

Upvote 0

NTI2002

I've stayed in both Port orleans resorts. River side is my favorite. It seems more tucked away, and I liked the byou environment beter then the flash Mardi Gra decorations at French Quarter.
I jsut had way more fun at riverside

Upvote 0

murphy

Riverside is beautiful! My favorite resort!! The rooms are very nice and the landscaping is beautiful! The food court is very good. the boat ride to downtown disney is awesome! You should really enjoy yourself!! Have a wonderful time!

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My wife and I are staying in POR next Oct, yes, its a long long time away. But you can never start planning too early for a trip to WDW. :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

I love Riverside, the setting is beautiful and the rooms are a nice size. I've stayed at FQ once and it was right after it had reopened after its rehab and it was SO NICE. The rooms still smelled new...new carpet, bedspreads, the works. I like the setting of Riverside better though, it's very peaceful. As a PO guest, you can use either pool and the walk back and forth between the two is nice. I'd probably go with Riverside, but truthfully, you won't be disappointed either way. :wave:

Upvote 0

VillianFan

We have stayed at both and loved them both. You will not be disappointed either way. Something, however, to keep in mind is that FQ does not have a sit down restaurant just a food court. While this doesn't make a huge difference to us, when we travel with my parents, my Dad likes(needs) to have a place to sit down for breakfast, just part of his vacation ritual. If that matters to anyone in your group, then Riverside would be a better choice.

Have Fun!

Upvote 0

saltmom1

POR has a great food court and the sit-down restaurant is very nice , too. You could gave up to a 15-20 minute walk back to your room AFTER you get off the buses. I think that is the down side of POR. If that doesn't bother you, it is very nice and you can catch the boat to DD, a very nice boat ride.

Upvote 0

erinuga

we always stay at riverside (ah dixie landings)- if you decide to stay there i recommend the alligator bayou- especially lodge 28- it is closer to the main house and the bus stops :)

Upvote 0

Kadee

I LOVE BOTH Port Orleans Resorts, but I prefer Riverside over FQ. I just like the serenity of the environment. Anyway.....I do think that 4 people would be VERY crowded in one room. We are going in one year with 4 people (me, my husband and 2 teenage girls) and we are getting 2 rooms. It's not the beds or square footage that makes it crowded, its the ONE bathroom that makes it hard. And, of course, the constant talking and giggling of the teenagers.....:D .... so with 2 rooms, we can shut the door between them if they get too loud.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom