POR-Renovations?

mbaker1277

I think this has been discussed before, but does anyone know how long the renovations at POR will be going on? Also, lately i've read lots of negative comments about the cleanliness and wear and tear of the rooms, like dirty carpets, dirty bathtubs and sinks, broken light fixtures, and general disrepair. Has anyone stayed there recently that can comment on the overall room and resort conditions? I'm trying to decide if I should change my reservations. Thanks!

Pioneer Hall

The rooms aren't in terrible condition, if you think about it. Even if it is Disney they can't cover every crack with paint everytime there is a chip. Port Orleans in over 10 years old, and will probably soon be going down for a rehab (rooms). But truthfully the rooms should not be bad enough to ruin your stay.

As for the roofing rehab, they are working very slowly so they don't have to close big portions of the resort. I am pretty sure that the Mansions are done and they are starting work on the Bayou rooms. It is nothing that will affect your stay.

Upvote 0

DisneyBound

We stayed at POR Riverside last week and the only room complaint that I had was a dirty shower curtain. The room was clean other than that and there didnt appear to be anything that needed fixed. The grounds overall looked great, including the pools and the service from check in to check out was good as well. I dont think you will have any problems. I didnt notice any renovations that needed done in our area. We stayed in building 18 in alligator bayou.

Upvote 0

Cosmo

we stayed there last weekend in Acadia House and didn't have any complaints at all. The room was clean and nice as were the grounds (which we walked around quite a bit). No problems or obvious signs of decay.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom