POR Non Princess Room Opinions.

pluto13

Original Poster
What are your opinions on POR. I have stayed here before but only for 2 nights, so what are your opinions!

UPDATED: I also need info on which PO resort has best transportation. BECAUSE I have heard that POFQ has better!

PUSH

I've stayed there 4 or more times, and am staying there in a little over a week. It's a beautiful resort with a great lobby, gift shop and food court. They pools are nice, too.

For room types, there are two options other than the Royal Guest Rooms (aka the princess rooms). These are Mansion and Alligator Bayou rooms. The Bayou rooms are themed towards a southern bayou, and the Mansion rooms are themed towards southern plantations. I personally prefer the Mansion rooms, but it's personal opinion.

luv

I really like POR. There are things I like and things I don't like at all the resorts. Least favorite thing at POR has to be he front desk staff. I really think they send the worst people here...or possibly the newest. They aren't rude! They're just slow and inefficient. But they can make keys, which is more than can say for the people at Pop!

POR has the best food court on the entire WDW property. It has pretty good gift shop, good pool, lots of little pools. The water views are crappy in some areas (you can actually have a water view and see NO water!) and pretty in others. The grounds are relaxing and very, very green.

I don't care for the rooms in the Mansions section. They seem a bit funeral parlory to me. The AB rooms, OTOH, I'm comfortable in. I also like the buildings and landscaping in that area much more. It's just a personal preference, though. There is nothing wrong with any of the rooms. More pics (you can find just about anything you want right here on wdwmagic and it's pretty well organized!)...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disneys-port-orleans-riverside/gallery.htm

It's a very pretty place to walk, if you aren't too tired from walking in the theme parks! I go there just to walk sometimes!

Thumbs up!

tnemgif

The benefit to the mansion rooms is space. Without the Murphy bed, the rooms feel much... roomier. But I agree that the bayou rooms are a little more fun and the scenery a bit better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom