Pop Warner Week

Justa' BigKid

Original Poster
Any word on how Pop Warner Week is going? Crowds :mad: ? Behavior :eek: :lookaroun ? We are visiting the World later this week and I'm just looking for an update.
Thanks!

Mystic

Just got back from the World today so was there for the start of Pop Warner. Other than a really obnoxious group of Spanish people (don't know if they were Pop Warner or not) at AK on Monday afternoon, I didn't really notice anything other than normal park activity. Did see some cheerleaders around in MK yesterday but they were quite well behaved. No cheering (the Spanish people did), no yelling or anything. Don't know about the hotels though as we were at WL.

claning

Any word on how Pop Warner Week is going? Crowds :mad: ? Behavior :eek: :lookaroun ? We are visiting the World later this week and I'm just looking for an update.
Thanks!

I just got back. I was at Port Orleans Riverside where several groups were staying. They all decorated their room windows with Christmas lights and support messages for their teams. That was ok. They were not too noisy.

HOWEVER, on Monday night, leaving MGM (during EMH) there was a HUGE line for the busses to Riverside. 25 cheerleaders and two leaders from the same group, walked right to the front of the bus line and inserted themselves, ignoring the NUMEROUS protests. It caused several people with little children (including us) to miss the next bus. We tried to determine the name of the cheerleading group so we could complain to their association about this behavior. Their jackets were red and black and had the initials MVPW on it. A check of the Pop Warner site show two organizations with those initials. So we are not sure which one to complain to.

MSTINKHERBELL01

Generally my experience with Pop Warner has been fine. We stay at the values and may run into some noise by the pools but that's normal even w/o Pop Warner. I have noticed a bus situation similar to the one someone else described but I blame the leaders for allowing such behavior...cutting guests in line is just plain rude whether your Pop Warner Groups or another guest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom