Pop vs Swan

RAMBLER5678

Is the swan worth the extra $125 over the Pop for 1 night? Going that evening to MGM to view the xmas lights than head on home. Was looking at the boat transportation and heavenly beds but not sure there worth $125.

I say absolutely. Just the fact that you can walk or boat back to your hotel instead of dealing with a bus or driving back to the Pop makes it worth the extra money.
Just my opinion...

Upvote 0

DigitalDisney

I hate to sound like the voice of reason here

It's definately worth extra $$$, but the question is...how much is it worth it for you, especially for only one night?

- The boat ride back is definately relaxing, and better than taking a bus.
- You also have easy access to the Dolphin, YC, BC, and Boardwalk, if you want to do some exploring, or to have fun at Boardwalk at night
- The pool facilities at the Swan/Dolphin are 100x better than Pop
- The overall facilities at Swan are 100x better than Pop. Swan and Dolphin are basically deluxe resorts. You can get full room service, or enjoy a coffee at a cafe, or enjoy deluxe dining, etc

There are definately a lot of benefits to staying at the Swan vs PopCen. It sounds like you're only interested in the transportation and sleeping options. If that's the only benefit to you and you're concerned about the extra money, then I'd think twice about it. However, if you plan on taking advantage of all that the Swan has to offer, then it's worth the extra.

Another thing to consider is that you're only booking for one night. Meaning, you're not committing to something for the whole trip. You can give the Swan a shot for a day and see how you like it. If you like it and you think it's worth the extra moolah, then you know you have more options in the future. If you don't like it, you will have learned a lesson and won't think about trying it again.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

RAMBLER5678 said:
Is the swan worth the extra $125 over the Pop for 1 night? Going that evening to MGM to view the xmas lights than head on home. Was looking at the boat transportation and heavenly beds but not sure there worth $125.

For one night and if you can swing it yes, I would upgrade. With short stays it is easier. When it comes to week long trips, not always possible. If you can I would because if you ever come back for a long trip you might night be able to afford it then.

At least that is how I would handle it.

Upvote 0

maelstrom

I haven't stayed at the Swan, but I've stayed at the Dolphin, and I can say that the convenience of those resorts is great. Kind of like the Contemporary is to the Magic Kingdom, the Swan and Dolphin are to Epcot & MGM. You'll love being able to walk or boat back to your resort at night. The only problem I had (and still have just when visiting) is that the resorts feel HUGE and it's easy to get lost.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom