POP Century

Dayzie914

Thinking of staying at POP, any input from people who have had the experience, All Stars Movies is the alternative.

Thanks for your help

Dwarful

Have you stayed at any of the All Stars? We have stayed at all 3 all stars and most recently in June we stayed at Pop. We liked Pop, there were little things added to Pop, like the little shelf above the sink area. More room and storage area is always a plus! If you will be going in warm weather and have children the pool areas are a bit more than the all stars. The only thing I didn't care for was the food court/ gift shop layout. But that was just us, we had a group of 12, w/6 kids and keeping 6 kids from the gift shop while eatting was a bit of a challenge ;) We had no problems with a/c, room noise or walking distances. We were in the 70's bldg facing the lake area. Enjoyed it enough that we will be going back to Pop in February! whoo hooo!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well, my husband liked Pop more. The little kids liked Movies more, but that was because of the Andy's room & Dalmation themes. There are some Disney theme's at Pop, like the goofy water play area, the Jungle Book theme near the pools. Pop's theme is cute though on its own, the rubik's cube, the 8 track tapes (I'm 32 and boy it made me feel old when my 13yr old nephew asked me what CB's were and why people said "ten four good buddy").
I don't know if the all stars give out the shampoo's and soaps like Pop does, last time we were at Movies they had the shampoo dispenser on the shower wall. I don't think you will be disappointed with either one. There are some that can't handle the value resorts, but for us they are perfect, we don't spend a great deal of time in the actual rooms, but we are comfy when we are in the room.

btw, thanks for the sympathy, my cards sure didn't show up for the series, and it didn't help seeing Keith Tckachuk show up at Busch in Boston gear, but the cards had a great run and there is still next year! Slam-a-lam-a-ding-dong!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Pop Century was great. The only problem we had was the really long trek from the car to our room during check in and out. (3 female children + wife = lots of luggage) If possible request a room as close to the front as possible.

Upvote 0

ScottNBecky

We have stayed at Both but loved POP much more. The All stars all share the same busses, and Pop has its own. thats a main plus for it. Second it is more centrally located vs. the All Stars. Thirdly our kids (7 and 5) liked the Pop pools, better. The All Star rooms were a bit better in decorations, but outside of that we loved Pop much more and in fact will only stay there when staying Non-Vacation Club in the future. Hope that helped.

Upvote 0
J

joviacdan

I've stayed at the All Stars many time and love them. I ended up staying 1 night at Pop Century in September since we decided on staying an extra night.

I'll say this- I had reservations for my next trip in February at All Star Movies, and after staying at Pop, I changed them to Pop.

Plusses:
1.Lots of buses to and from parks.
2.VERY nice rooms.
3.Bigger TV's.
4.Great pools.
5.Beautiful lake.
6.Good food court.

Minuses:
1.Check in took over an hour.
2.Even though bus service is good, you may have to wait for 2 or 3 since there are so mnay people staying there.

That's really it. Personally, I'm psyched about staying there. One thing I like at a resort is a fun, cozy lounge. Pop's definitely got a nice one of those outside.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom