Pop Century Room Location Request

kingofk1ngs

Original Poster
So i'm doing online check in and was wondering about where i should select for my room location request to have the best chance of getting a refurbed room at Pop Century. So 90's and 80s section would be my best shot at getting one at the moment right?

Dave B

correct, I was just there last week, they are still working on the 70's, but you would not even know there are there unless you really looked, they are doing a great job and very quiet

werac

So i'm doing online check in and was wondering about where i should select for my room location request to have the best chance of getting a refurbed room at Pop Century. So 90's and 80s section would be my best shot at getting one at the moment right?
I was there the end of August and request rooms in the 80s or 90s...the refurbished rooms are really nice! I have 4 adults in the room and there was plenty of space!

ThatMouse

The 70's south building is completely done and remodeled, we just stayed there, and the 70's north building is gutted - no one can stay there. So you'd probably be safe to pick 70's. You can also call and have them write a note that you want a remodeled room. When we were there Pop seemed half occupied, and there's very limited availability in Jan on, so I bet you they have already started to close the other buildings.

HowAboutDisney

I’m booked with 5 rooms to stay Jan 2-4 with my whole family. I have called and requested they add a note that We wanted to stay in a refurbished rooms.. what are my chances? Do you think they would honor the notes?

Rob562

I’m booked with 5 rooms to stay Jan 2-4 with my whole family. I have called and requested they add a note that We wanted to stay in a refurbished rooms.. what are my chances? Do you think they would honor the notes?

I think they're on the fourth building of the refurb, so your chances are about 33% that you'll get a refurbed room.

Of course if you're booked in a *Preferred* room, that lowers your chances closer to zero. All completed buildings are totally non-Preferred. They're just now starting to get to some of the Preferred rooms that are located in the 70's.

-Rob

HowAboutDisney

I think they're on the fourth building of the refurb, so your chances are about 33% that you'll get a refurbed room.

Of course if you're booked in a *Preferred* room, that lowers your chances closer to zero. All completed buildings are totally non-Preferred. They're just now starting to get to some of the Preferred rooms that are located in the 70's.

-Rob
Thanks so Much

beachlover4444

We stayed there in late august. Apparently if you are picking the lower price room you are in the ones that are not done yet. The higher price rooms are the ones that were renovated. They are upcharging the renovated rooms. I asked very nicely, not demanding for a refurb room closest to the bus and we got the 90's after she pointed out I could have paid more for those if I wanted them. I explained I wasnt real familiar with the hotel layout or renovation and wasnt aware. It rained the whole time we were not at the parks so we didnt walk the resort much and nobody used the pools so I cant speak to those but they looked very nice from what we viewed of them. We are giving them another try next week because of the deal they are running and hopefully have more time to explore this stay. The rooms are tiny, especially compared to the suite we had at Art of Animation in May but for my husband and I it was comfortable. They make the best use of space that they can. Expect a long walk to the bus because it's always the last one on the end when leaving the parks. If you have little ones, my granddaughter did get picked by a castmember in the gift shop to "dress" a Princess Doll and was presented a certificate. She is 4 and was in heaven they made her feel so special. I did get a notification from them about the noise from the construction of the gondolas so they are warning you in advance for that as well.

DisneyMann

-Rob
Not true actually. Building 10 is mostly preferred rooms and that building is done so.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom