Pop Century Questions...

Disney4Life

Hiya,

I am in the process of planning a 2007 trip, and I have some questions about the Pop Century Resort...

1. Judging by all the maps that I have seen online, the only bus stops seem in be in front of the main building. Are those the only bus stops?

2. If those are the only bus stops, is it a really long trek from the 80's and 90's buildings in order to get to the bus stops?

3. Looking at the pictures, there appears to be four floors to each building. Are there any elevators that guests can use?

I ask all of this because there will be a handicapped individual travelling with us, and they really can't afford the extra $181 to get a room in the preferred location. I am just trying to see if it is going to be a real big inconvenience if we are stuck in the 80's or 90's building.

Thanks for the help,

--Buzz Lightyear

ErickainPA

1. Only bus stops are in front of the main building.

2. It's not far at all, take the shortcut between the buildings and the bus stop is just on the other side of the parking lot, only takes about 3 mins from the 80's building we stayed in.

3. There are elevators, but if your traveler needs wheelchair access it's best to request a King room for them if you have others traveling with you that you would need another room. We requested a King room and it was also disabled accessible according to the sticker on the door. Otherwise there are rooms still on the ground floor that are not preferred. We didn't have to pay a preferred rate for the King room, just normal.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

1. Yes they are the only bus stops
2. The resort really isn't as big as it looks on paper, it's a five minute walk at most from the furthest room in the 90's building (trust me....I was in it :) )
3. Yes there are elevators, but all accessible rooms are on ground level. Request the 50's building if you want close without paying extra.

Have fun--Pop Century is a blast! I'll be there in 7 days for the third time this year!

Upvote 0

frankd1962

I stayed at All Star Movies in the Love Bug building (the furthest from the front) and just to be walking anywhere on WDW property was great. It was nice to see the pool area quiet as we walked by and we had breakfast before we took the bus which only had the stop at the front of the building.

I'm planning on going to Pop in 6/07 and I'm going with the standard view to save that few extra dollars. Besides I'm only using the room to sleep, shower, change and relax between visits to the parks.

Upvote 0

metscool

Yes tho the first. No the the secound. It about the same amount of walking to the other if not closer. And the last this is Disney name one place that does not have elevators. Even though that the stairs are really cool looking.

Upvote 0

Disney4Life

Original Poster
Yes tho the first. No the the secound. It about the same amount of walking to the other if not closer. And the last this is Disney name one place that does not have elevators. Even though that the stairs are really cool looking.

LOL. I have only stayed in Caribbean Beach, and I don't remember there being any elevators. Granted, there were only two floors.

Upvote 0

col

pop century

these are the only bus stops at this resort they are outside the main building starting from the reception it goes: DISNEY-MGM studios, EPCOT,MK,AK/BB,DTD/TL/PI.

it is sort of quicker to get to the bus stops from the 70's,80's and 90's buildings. to get to the bus stops from the 80's and 90's buildings just go across the car park and you will be at the bus stops.

there are lifts in each building; 2 in fact. they are next to the inside stairs.
the lifts are easy to access.

if you are stuck in the 80's or 90's buildings then it is easy to get to the bus stops and to get to the food court; to do this cut across the car park and head as if you where going to the reception.
you might want to phone the resort ahead of your stay and ask can a note be attached to your check in file saying that there is a handicapped person
in your party and would it be possible if you could be put in a room close to the lifts -its worth a try.i would say that it doesnt matter where you are put in the building as all the rooms are not far from the lifts.

Upvote 0

DisneyFine

1. Yes the only bus stops are infront of the hotel. We were in the 50's with a prefered view of the Epcot Park and the lake:D . In my opinion the 50's or 60's are the best ones!

2.Not a far walk as long as you use the shortcuts, you'll be fine.

3. Yes each building has its own elevators, and steps if your willing to use those:cool: .

Upvote 0

Disney4Life

Original Poster
Oh yeah, I forgot to ask...

Did they ever finish this resort, or do they still only have the classic years with the shells for the legendary years still waiting to be finished?

Upvote 0

campdisney

Only the Classic Years are completed. You can see the shells for the Legendary Years quite well from the Generation Gap Bridge.

Also bear in mind that Pop Century is the furthest bus stop from the park entrances. I don't know if that's an issue for your group, but that walk out of the park back to the bus can be a long trek at the end of the day.

Upvote 0

Disney4Life

Original Poster
Only the Classic Years are completed. You can see the shells for the Legendary Years quite well from the Generation Gap Bridge.

Also bear in mind that Pop Century is the furthest bus stop from the park entrances. I don't know if that's an issue for your group, but that walk out of the park back to the bus can be a long trek at the end of the day.

Geesh, campdisney, you are giving me more and more to think about. :p Unfortunately, I am in charge of planning a trip for 30 folks. That number just keeps getting bigger and bigger every week. I think I need to put a cap on the number of people I can deal with. Hee hee!!!

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

For a few stops it was a pain, but don't recall it being every stop

Upvote 0

LudwigVonDrake

Call Disney and tell them you are traveling with a handicapped individual. You can request special accommodations and they will be more than helpful in that regard :)

Upvote 0

campdisney

For a few stops it was a pain, but don't recall it being every stop

I could be mistaken, but I believe it was the furthest for EPCOT, AK, MK and DD. I don't remember for MGM and I can't say for the waterparks as we've never visited those.

However, with all the distance a person covers at the parks each day, the distance to any bus stop, close or far, is minor in the scheme of things. And I don't know if the person is wheelchair bound either. With a group of 30, there are lots of arms around to push and it really wouldn't be much of an issue at all then.

Good luck with planning Disney4Life! I found it challenging planning with 11 our last trip. I can't begin to imagine doing it with 30!

Upvote 0

marlaymike

1. Yes, only one bus stop
2. The lines are not as long as they are in other resorts (for example in the Coronado Springs).
3. Yes, each building has two elevators.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

The Pop Century bus stop was the farthest at Epcot and MK, it was actually the second closest at MGM and AK, and the closest at DTD. At the water parks, the stops aren't spread out as much, so it doesn't make a huge difference. So it all evens out in the end.

Upvote 0

col

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask...

Did they ever finish this resort, or do they still only have the classic years with the shells for the legendary years still waiting to be finished?

the other pop century resort across the lake is not finished but there are alot of rumors going around of what will happen to it. there is a generation gap bridge which would of connected both sides over the lake but you can go half way across the bridge to get a better view of the unfinished resort -i walked across the bridge till it stoped and took some pics of the empty buildings.

Upvote 0
We have stayed in Pop in a Handicap room. We had a king w/large bathroom. It was on the third floor of the 50's building. Not far at all from the elevator. Since our party was a family of four and we needed the handicap room, Disney gave us two rooms adjoining. It was really nice. We were not charged for the second room. I recommend talking to an agent at Disney and let them help make sure your needs are met. I am in the process of planning our 2007 trip and it will be at Pop again. Very easy to get around!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom