Pop Century or All-Star Music???

R&RsMom

Does anyone have any suggestions for which of these resorts to stay at? My first preference was the All-Star Movies but that resort wasn't available for my stay. I have young children (ages 3 and 6). We will be going to the Magic Kingdom, MGM and Epcot. Which of these resorts is the most convenient to those parks? Also, for a standard room do you have any suggestions for buildings that would be close to the bus station? Thanks!

nibblesandbits

I stayed at Pop Century recently and loved it. It is so nice because it is the newest of the Value resorts and I would totally stay there again. We stayed in the 90s section which is a standard room, and it was really easy to get to the bus station, all we had to do was cross over the parking lot. (took maybe 5 minutes) However, since you have real little ones, I'm not sure if there is another section that would be closer. My suggestion is to take a look at the layout of the hotel and decide from that.

Upvote 0

kellydisney

I would recommend Pop Century and choose the 50s building which is nearest the main hall. But to be honest, the only building that is poorly situated is the 70s building, it's way in the back and not as readily accessible to parking. This resort is also the newest so the rooms are clean and everything is brand new. We're staying there again in September, the theming is really cute, we really like it and chose it over All Star Movies.

We have stayed at the All Star Music as well which is right next to All Star Sports. The rooms are all comparable, I do think AS Music rooms are smaller than the others which may not be conducive to a party of more than 2.

HTH!

Upvote 0

DisneySam

POP CENTURY. We stayed at the Music in 2001 and it was okay but like miles away from the main hotel. Plus since Pop is newer I would like that better I think.

Upvote 0

Android-XS

ALL STARS. We stayed at the POP-Century when they opened and they were comparable to the all stars, but w/ some downfalls. The food in the coutyard didn't seem to be as good as the All Stars. They offered te same things, but they just didn't taste as good. Also the air conditioning was limited as to how far you can turn it down. This might not seem huge to some, but to my wife and I it was unbelievable. The first thing we do when we get to our room is turn the air way down and thats where it stayed till we check out. At the POP Century, it wouldn't go down below 73. Like I said to some thats fine, but to restrict me on my air is just unacceptable. As far as all the other ammeninties, they are identical. Pools, playgrounds, motor coach, gift shops, they all have em, but the POP Century is newer looking then any of the All Stars.

Upvote 0

Irie

We have never stayed at the Pop Century but will be staying there in November. I would choose it because it is newer and has its own bus. As for the AS Music, I find that it is the least of the All Stars.

Upvote 0

colliera

So many choices!

I've stayed at AS:Music twice and AS:Movies once. Of the two AS:Movies is better laid out for less walking and was just run better.

Stayed at Pop twice so far and I'd rank it much higher than either of the All Stars I mentioned. It has the same general manager as the Caribbean Beach next door and the service there is more on the level of a moderate than a value.

As far as bus service goes, if you want an empty bus to pull up just as you walk up - well that rarely happens. I did not find that Pop had a lesser bus service. It is a little better situated for travel to Disney Studios, Epcot, and Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island whereas the All Stars have the advantage of being a little closer to Animal Kingdom. All are a long haul to the Magic Kingdom.

The down side to bus service for all of the value resorts is your trek out of the parks to your return trip bus stop is usually the one farther away. (Oh my tired feet)!

Upvote 0

JEDIsney

I have never stayed in any of the All-Star Resorts or the Pop Century, but I have been inside the Pop Century. And from what I've heard, the Pop Century is much nicer.

So, if I were decided which resort to stay at, I would pick Pop Century.

Upvote 0

Dean Stevens

Account Suspended
I've stayed at All-Star movies and Sports... and they're the same, so I know music is the same (as in your basic hotel, obviously not the same hotel, but you know what I mean)

Anyways, I've also stayed at the Pop and I love it there. I liked the AS, don't get me wrong, but AS has worse busing problems than Pop does by far...

I would absolutely go with Pop, you are so much better off with the busing and the convenience

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom