Pop Century Bus Rumor

disneydentist

This might or might not be new news. I hadn't heard it before. I was riding on a "Special" bus between AK and Riverside as the only passenger early one morning. The bus driver commented that the Pop Century will have 5000 rooms and possibly only one bus stop. They are thinking about using trams to take everyone to a central bus stop. He said that the designers said that "everyone won't use the busses at the same time." He also said that the bus drivers know better and think it's a bad idea. We shall see.

Tron

I think it's a bad idea, too. Suppose the place is filled to capacity and let's say that 60% of those people want to go to Magic Kingdom on the same morning. All of those people are going to have to wait FIRST for a tram, then AGAIN when they actually get to the bus stop.

Upvote 0

Terp02

I personally think that Pop Century was the biggest waste of money and space WDW has ever built. I have a feeling the rooms are going to be TINY and not very well decorated. It's also extremely ugly and is taking up space where another park could have went. I don't know why they even greenlighted this project. It just seems they want to pack in the crowds even more. The only thing I hope it does, for stock purposes, is bring people who would stay outside of the park to stay inside the park and hopefully not bring a lot more overall people. Actually now that I think about it, this could be foreshadowing a new park. They built the all-star resorts 4 years before AK was built. They could be planning for a bigger influx of people meaning a new park. I hope I'm right, for everyone's sake and sanity. (If you don't understand what I'm talking about, I really don't either, I was just rambling).

Upvote 0

Belle13

Can you IMAGINE what chaos will ensue from that Brilliant idea? Masses of people in the morning all trying to crowd on to that bus? :hammer: ...

I had no intention of staying there in the 1st place, but that is just the cherry on my sundae!

Upvote 0

Disneypro

If this is true, I see a nightmare on the horizon. I can't imagine having all those people clustered to get on a bus.:lookaroun:

Like Belle13, I had no intention of ever staying there. The place looks noisy just from the pictures.

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by disneydentist
This might or might not be new news. I hadn't heard it before. I was riding on a "Special" bus between AK and Riverside as the only passenger early one morning. The bus driver commented that the Pop Century will have 5000 rooms and possibly only one bus stop. They are thinking about using trams to take everyone to a central bus stop. He said that the designers said that "everyone won't use the busses at the same time." He also said that the bus drivers know better and think it's a bad idea. We shall see.

As for the Trams... I can tell you, those won't exist.

As for the number of bus stops... I have heard that there will only be one bus stop within the resort. However, I have also heard that they will be making two stops within the resort, one for each section. (Legendary and Classic, I beleive they are...) So, who knows. I'm just hoping that the engineers who designed all that, actually did some accurate research. We've had engineers in the past who've made some goofs... like the ones who designed bus stops for 30' busses, when we run 40' busses, or the ones who designed roof overhangs too low, so busses hit them when they pull into a stop. We've had to extend several curbs due to this error in planning.

Personally, I am hoping they realized that one stop was a mistake... two would make more sense. Even still, with two stops, it could potentially get busy out there. I'm not quite sure how Pop Century will be dispatched... (whether it will be staged out of Studios, or have its own staging area), but either way, I'm sure busses will run one right after another during the morning and evening float time periods.

At any rate, we shall see. I am guessing that they will be tweaking PC's bus system for a few months before they get it down just right.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

There are two bus stops...there are two food courts...two gift shops...two lobbies...two resorts. This will be set up like the All-Stars. You will make a reservation at either the Legendary Years or the Classic Years. This resort will have one stop at the parks, just like the All-Stars, but make two stops at the resort itself. Why did disney build this resort? Because the All-Stars are INCREDIBLY popular. If you don't want more people in the parks, then you also don't want new attractions--more people=more profit=more $100,000,000 e-rides.

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by DogsRule!
There are two bus stops...there are two food courts...two gift shops...two lobbies...two resorts. This resort will have one stop at the parks, just like the All-Stars, but make two stops at the resort itself.

I have a feeling the Magic Kingdom itself might split up the stops... Epcot and possibly Studios might also split it up for the exit, but EC, ST, and AK will probably have it as one stop for the majority of the day, as you wrote...

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

why did they build so many new stops at the Magic Kingdom? When I went, it seemed like most of the stops on the left row of stops were empty...however, you are probably right about splitting the resorts at certain times...don't they do that with the All-Stars at the end of each park day...send a bus for ASMo, another for ASMu, and a third for sports?

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

There will be one stop FOR EACH SECTION AT POP CENTURY. Half the resort gets a bus stop and the other half gets a bus stop.

Pop Century will be split up like the All Stars are, in to two different categories, Legendary and Classic.

Each section will have its own Pool(s), food court, gift shop, game room, and bus stop.

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by DogsRule!
why did they build so many new stops at the Magic Kingdom? When I went, it seemed like most of the stops on the left row of stops were empty...however, you are probably right about splitting the resorts at certain times...don't they do that with the All-Stars at the end of each park day...send a bus for ASMo, another for ASMu, and a third for sports?

Well... Currently... the North Loop contains VIP Pickup/Dropoff, Old Key West, Coronado, AK Lodge, and [BLANK]. The blank loadzone represents the old Disney Institute, and I imagine when the new DVC resort opens, that will be it's loadzone.

The middle loop has Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, Boardwalk in the first load zone... this is separated at night, and takes the blank load zone behind it. The next one is Port Orleans, which will take the next blank loadzone behind it for French Quarter when it reopens. (There is one more blank load zone behind that... just a spare for now.)

The South Loop has All Star Sports, Music, and Movies in seperate load zones. Then is Caribbean Beach. After that, there is I'm guessing 4-5 new load zones after CBR that will be available for use. I'm guessing 2 will be for Pop Century. The other 3? Well... from what I hear... there is a chance that we might be taking Hotel Plaza Blvd back into Disney Transport. (Just a rumor at this point, although it did come from a reputable manager) In addition, we also might service the new Bonnet Creek resort when it opens.

My hope? I'd rather have the Studios and DAK busses service the MK directly, rather than the TTC.

But who knows what they'll do....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom