Pools are too strict on balls

GigglesMcSnort

Original Poster
Beach balls only is boring. But they treat you like a priority one health hazard if you dare bring a soft "pre-inflated" ball into the pool. I could understand and support not wanting hard balls (like tennis balls), because no-one wants to get hit with one of those by accident, but I've never stayed anywhere else that had a problem with soft balls.

nickys

Premium Member
Beach balls only is boring. But they treat you like a priority one health hazard if you dare bring a soft "pre-inflated" ball into the pool. I could understand and support not wanting hard balls (like tennis balls), because no-one wants to get hit with one of those by accident, but I've never stayed anywhere else that had a problem with soft balls.
Did you get out of bed on the wrong side this morning? 😊 You’re annoyed about beach balls, people taking too long to order food….

As for the balls. They do have a strict policy on any kind of inflatables, which must be transparent afaik. It’s so that t try he lifeguards can see clearly and not have their view impeded by an opaque inflatable.

GigglesMcSnort

Original Poster
Did you get out of bed on the wrong side this morning? 😊 You’re annoyed about beach balls, people taking too long to order food….

As for the balls. They do have a strict policy on any kind of inflatables, which must be transparent afaik. It’s so that t try he lifeguards can see clearly and not have their view impeded by an opaque inflatable.
LOL, I blame the redeye flight back from Florida!

Club Cooloholic

If there is a quiet pool, try there.

surfsupdon

Yes. Disney guards have policies that are crazy restrictive.
For a more relaxed feel on vacation, stay at a Universal Hotel and visit the pool. You can actually have a beverage of your choice at the pool edge and even while in the pool! Plus their guards aren’t racing back and forth creating stress.😂😂

DisneyFanatic12

Plus their guards aren’t racing back and forth creating stress
I feel the same way as a guest in a way, like they’re hawking over us at times, but we have our marks that we have to make it to in a specified time span on our roving stands.

Used to be a hard no for any hard ball or any needle inflated ball. The rule has been relaxed some to be up to our discretion, so if the pool is empty and you’re playing with the ball safely, you could be fine. Anyways, best bet is to not have a needle inflated ball, and to make sure the ball is not very hard.

Inflatables are not really regulated if they’re for an infant, but if not for an infant they need to be pretty small so we can see the water clearly.

surfsupdon

I feel the same way as a guest in a way, like they’re hawking over us at times, but we have our marks that we have to make it to in a specified time span on our roving stands.

Used to be a hard no for any hard ball or any needle inflated ball. The rule has been relaxed some to be up to our discretion, so if the pool is empty and you’re playing with the ball safely, you could be fine. Anyways, best bet is to not have a needle inflated ball, and to make sure the ball is not very hard.

Inflatables are not really regulated if they’re for an infant, but if not for an infant they need to be pretty small so we can see the water clearly.
It’s not your fault. But your rule maker is nuts!

But thank you for keeping us safe!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom