pool question

daniam2188

hey,
i am going to be staying at the old key west hotel next month and i was wondering if we were also allowed to use the pools at the other hotels
DAI

kellydisney

Alot of people here will tell you no, but I've pool hopped before and I was fine. The only place you cannot get into without being "carded" will be Storm Along Bay at the Y&BC. I have pool hopped there, but that was in 1999 and I wouldn't try it again for fear of being kicked out. Another one you may be questioned at is the Boardwalk pool. So "technically" you can't, but I do. Just wear your bathing suit to the pool (don't change there) and walk with confidence and you should be fine. It's alot of fun!

Upvote 0

Terp02

Yeah I've done pool hopping before. We really only did it after we had checked out of our hotel and were leaving that day, but wanted to swim. So we went to the Boardwalk for the slide. Twas very fun.

BTW, kellydisney, nice Wuzzles avatar. I think I still have my Elaroo doll from when I was little (kept it for sentimental reasons).

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Originally posted by kellydisney
Alot of people here will tell you no, but I've pool hopped before and I was fine. The only place you cannot get into without being "carded" will be Storm Along Bay at the Y&BC. I have pool hopped there, but that was in 1999 and I wouldn't try it again for fear of being kicked out. Another one you may be questioned at is the Boardwalk pool. So "technically" you can't, but I do. Just wear your bathing suit to the pool (don't change there) and walk with confidence and you should be fine. It's alot of fun!

To sum up... you are not allowed. :)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Here we go again!

:lol:

I remember once being asked for our room cards when we went to the pool at the WL...the lifeguard put a circle sticker on the card for identification.

Upvote 0

WDWspider

I'm betting I could just walk up to the TTC and get on a Monorail to EPCOT without visiting a park or staying on property, but that doesn't make it right.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

If you are renting DVC points or are a DVC member, then your room card will say DVC member on it and you are allowed to pool hop to the other resorts EXCEPT Stormalong Bay and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Even then if the pool you hop to is at capacity then even DVC members can't get in. For example, in the last DVC Newsletter, it said that no poolhopping was allowed for members June 29-July 6 due to expected crowd levels at the resorts.
Otherwise the offical answer is NO Poolhopping.

Upvote 0

kellydisney

Thanks Josh, I loved the Wuzzles, I still have Butterbear :) They should bring them back!

On to pool hopping, I agree, it's TECHNICALLY not allowed, but I don't see the harm in it. Let us know all about it in your LONG AND DETAILED trip report! :)

Upvote 0

EmeraldDolphin

I know that there has been a lot of debate regarding pool hopping... but just my own thought on it... most years when we've stayed at Disney we've stayed at a moderate resort, because that is what we could afford... I've only been able to afford staying at a Deluxe resort 1x... this year our budget allows us to stay at a value resort... this is going to be the 2nd time I'm staying at an All Star's resort... but I just would not feel right going to the Grand Floridian to swim, when I'm paying to stay at All Star's Music..... I would think that if pool hopping were allowed it would be within your own range... Deluxe vs. Moderate vs. Value...

Upvote 0

Shannon_Yensid

you're staying at OKW? are you DVC members? because DVC members are aloud to pool hop. I don't really see anything wrong with pool hopping when its not really crowded, but on those really hot summer days when all the hotels are booked solid, i think its a good idea to stay at ur own pool but thats just me...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom