Pooh Down for Rehab?

Pooh1219

Original Poster
Hi, everyone. I've been lurking here and have gotten a lot of good info so thought I'd come in and say hello.

I read on another board that Screamscape reports that Pooh at MK is going to be down for the entire month of May for rehab. We arrive the first week of May, and would sure be disappointed if it's true. Does anyone know if that's true, or not? Certainly hope not. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Irrawaddy Erik

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh will being going down for rehab. The last info I received on this is that it will be going down in late May and most of June.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Why does everything go for rehab all at once! arghh! Isn't june part of their busy season?

Sorry just needed a little vent! Thanks!

Irrawaddy Erik

Pooh opened in 97....Supossedly we are going to be getting loading gates, reworking the loading area and general upkeep on the ride. Supposedly we are going to get new Hunny Pots (with doors) but they will be phased in. It's just the attractions time to get some much needed work done.

Katherine

I guess it needs some upkeep but a whole month! I think that this could be a little much. But I would rather them take it down for a while and make it nice before it turns into a bigger problem like some attractions/buildings.

Irrawaddy Erik

Like I said they will be adding loading gates and reworking the whole load area (b/c the current load area is VERY unsafe) so I would them do it right than a "quick fix"

FLcastmember

Originally posted by ajrwdwgirl
Why does everything go for rehab all at once! arghh! Isn't june part of their busy season?

Sorry just needed a little vent! Thanks!

What is everything??? GMR, Diamond Horshoe, China 360 movie. That is all that is curently scheduled and or is currently down for rehab. Ok, Maybe add one more surprise one. Its still only one per park.

Yes June is busy, if not very busy, but the first part of june is not as bad as the end and May is average crowds. I do here agree that it would be nice to not have rehabs in the summer, but that would mean you would have lots of closed attrations all at once in sept/oct and jan/feb. That would be worse then only one per park closed at a time. MK is getting old, and soon we will be running into the problems of long rehabs like what is going on now at DL. They ALWAYS seem to have a major ERIDE down at ANY given time. Matterhorn was closed for a wile, Splash has had 2 down times, Space is closing for 2 years, PotC is nxt, the River was closed, and that closed 4 attractions plus FANTASMIC! We have it lucky out here. In the same time as all those the only eride that was down at WDW for more then a week was Splash last Jan/Feb.

And if this doesnt make you feel any better, maybe this will help, at least your not coming in August or September, As Big Thunder Mnt. will be closed for 8-10 weeks. But your right, rehabs are fustrating, but as MK ages, there will be lots more of them.

MAOWTP is open in DL now, and by all accounts, we got the better one!!

AndyMagic

So when exactly is it closing for rehab? Some are saying end of May and all of June and others are saying all of May and some of June.

Sir Hiss527

Any clue of where there doing to the ride? Maby there adding a Mr.Toad animatronic to the ride. That would be so sweet!

-Sir Hiss527-

"Stop Hissing in my Ear":king:

wizard12

Man, they should spread out renovations for rides. The GMR and WTP ride will now be I guess according to this topic. Spread it out Disney!

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by imagineer boy
How was the original Pooh loading area unsafe? I'm just curiouse.:confused:

Well the current Loading area is a double loading double unload set up. Because the first load area is so close to the panel it is hard for the CM at panel to directly see the second load area and unload area. The person at panel would have to rely on the CM at unload to make sure the vehicles are clear to move, instead of the normal clear from a CM at unload AND visual clear from the person at panel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom