Polynesian Trip

mthunholm

We are planning a trip and want to stay at the Polynesian, first off I want to get an idea of which location is the best (Hawaii? Rapa Nui,Tokelau, others). I would like a balcony, non smoking, good view. And will they have the rehabs done by next May 2006? (New flatscreens etc.etc.) Any other info would be nice.

Thanks

tigsmom

I can only answer about Rapa Nui - that where we stayed. If you are on the ground floor you get a patio, we were upstairs so we had a balcony. It is very close to the TTC (which is good), but you hear no noise from it.
Its farther from the main buildings, but the walk isn't that long. The only thing we did not like about the Polynesian is having to walk outside to get to the restaurants, stores, etc. Not bad in beautiful sunny weather, but bad during the summer storms and at night. My kids are old enough to go to the arcade/snackbars by themselves , but the got lost on the way back in the dark.

Upvote 0

mbaker1277

I would also like to know when the rooms will be refurbished. We are considering staying there in January for the first time, and the new rooms look awesome! Anyone have any info on when the garen view rooms will redone?

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

tigsmom said:
I can only answer about Rapa Nui - that where we stayed. If you are on the ground floor you get a patio, we were upstairs so we had a balcony. It is very close to the TTA (which is good), but you hear no noise from it.
The Tomorrowland Transit Authority runs to Polyneasian now? COOL! :sohappy: :lol:

Just teasing. Rapa Nui and Tahiti are probably closest to the TTC but several of the buildings are along the monorail line so that's good to know that there is minimal noise.

Aotearoa, Fiji, Rarotonga, Samoa, Tokelau, and Rapa Nui are totally non-smoking. The rest are a mix I think. Tonga and Hawaii are both concierge suites.

The three newer buildings have real balconies on all floors; Tokelau, Tahiti, Rapa Nui. All the others have balconies on the top floor only. The ground floor has a patio and thejust a window on the second floor.

By the time you travel, rumors are the Aoteraroa and the concierge suites will have converted to the new rooms for sure. Other longhouses are anybodies guess.

There is a GREAT resourse online for the Polynesian Resort. http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/
Show's all the details, pros and cons or each building along with some rehab info. According to this sites author, the schedule has been pushed back some and it's doubtful the rumored target of completion by July 2006 will be met.

Upvote 0

Noah&Emily'sMom

mthunholm said:
We are planning a trip and want to stay at the Polynesian, first off I want to get an idea of which location is the best (Hawaii? Rapa Nui,Tokelau, others). I would like a balcony, non smoking, good view. And will they have the rehabs done by next May 2006? (New flatscreens etc.etc.) Any other info would be nice.

Thanks

By far Samoa is the best choice. That longhouse is located between both the volcano pool and the quiet pool, The great ceremonial house is only a few steps away and its a short walk to the TTC. The 3rd floor rooms have balconies and it is very quiet inside the room.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Moustronaut said:
The Tomorrowland Transit Authority runs to Polyneasian now? COOL! :sohappy: :lol:

Just teasing. Rapa Nui and Tahiti are probably closest to the TTC but several of the buildings are along the monorail line so that's good to know that there is minimal noise.

TYPO! :lol:

Upvote 0

KumbaRider

I was there a week ago and Rapa Nui was nothing but drywall on the inside, so right now it's closed for rehab. It was pretty cool seeing all the construction. You should be fine though in the spring I would think, as long as you ask for that while making reservations.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

When I was a kid we use to stay in Tonga which I think though now is Hawaii. They re-aranged the building names I was told but not sure. Anyway it had an awesome view of the castle. You just have to remember you could pay all that extra money to stay in that building and not get the castle view. Just something to think about.

Also, we stayed in Figi (spelling?) for a night in January of this year and had to be moved. It was a dissaster and really needed to be rehabbed. Also it was very loud at night down there because of Luau Cove.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom