Poll: How long will Eisner survive as CEO of Walt Disney Company?

How long will Eisner survive as CEO of Walt Disney Company?

• He'll resign within the week.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • The board will oust him within the month.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 2-6 months more and then he's forced out.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • He'll finish out the year until 2005 and then be replaced.

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Eisner will survive this and remain in power and control of Disney for life.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blair

Original Poster
We all know the big story, 43% withheld:

If the opposition to Mr Eisner's tenure exceeds early predictions, it would represent the biggest vote against a US company chairman in years.

Mr Gold told thousands of Disney shareholders at the group's annual meeting in Philadelphia said such a result would represent an "unprecedented vote of no confidence" in the annals of US corporate history.

Generally, they say that no one survives +20% withheld, so it seems that the bell has finally tolled for Eisner. How long till it's officially over?

tigsmom

I give him till the end of the year. The board will start a search for a replacement soon (if they haven't already).

JBSLJames

He said in an interview that he 'plans' on sticking around until his contract is up which I believe is in 2006.

Do not know what a buy-out would cost so 2006 may be a good time frame. Of course, by then, Disney will no longer exist (at least that's the point I'm getting from most 'posters') because Eisner is so bad . . bad, bad man. Bad man. Wow, when you say that fast it almost sounds like Batman.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom