Pokemon and Disney

stitchcastle

Original Poster
two of the Pokemon movies, 4Ever and Heroes, were realeased out to DVD by Dinsey owned Miramax so is it possible for Disney Imagineers to use the characters from the hugely succesful Pokemon series as inspiration for Disney theme park attractions?

GymLeaderPhil

Miramax distributed the movies but does not own any of the rights to Pokemon. Warner Brothers (Kids WB) simply refused to foot the bill for another Pokemon related movie after they lost money on the third release which saw little to no attendance in theaters (during the declining days of the trend status).

Personally, I think we'll see Harry Potter before Pokemon ever steps foot in the Magic Kingdom. There were quite a few board meetings between the US department that oversees Pokemon and Japan (when last year's World Championships was at the Wyndham Palace in Walt Disney World) regarding "Mickey vs Pikachu".

DarkMeasures

Pokemon could not hold a theme park attraction as of now in America. The reason I say that is because the Pokemon Center stores did badly and now they are all being converted to just Nintendo stores.

But Nintendo never really had ties with Disney. Disney has much better ties with Sega and Square.

GymLeaderPhil

DarkMeasures said:
Pokemon could not hold a theme park attraction as of now in America. The reason I say that is because the Pokemon Center stores did badly and now they are all being converted to just Nintendo stores.

Actually, there's only one Pokemon Center in America and that's the Rockafeller Center one in the big apple. There are five Pokemon Center stores in Japan and they will not be converted into a "Nintendo" store.

BriarRabbit

GymLeaderPhil said:
Actually, there's only one Pokemon Center in America and that's the Rockafeller Center one in the big apple. There are five Pokemon Center stores in Japan and they will not be converted into a "Nintendo" store.

First Post, yay!

Japanese people must still be insane over pokemon. But here in America, that single store is being converted into a nintendo store.

Next time I see a pokemon attraction in any Disney park, Peter Pan would have grown up.

WDWBro

never got into the pokemon thing (i know amazing because i was 10 years old) and i would spit on any attraction at WDW having anything to do with pokemon

(cue the tape of wdwbro spitting on pokemon attraction)

wondersofdave89

"Pokemon" and Disney should never come close to each other. Pokemon most of the time only appeals to the male 8-13 year crowd, and seeing as though that is not the only percentage of visitors to the parks, a Pokemon attraction would be a huge mistake. When I saw the pokemon movie I noticed that most of the people in the theatre, excluding said age group, had a confused look on their face. In my opinion, this would be the same for an attraction.

(cue the tape of Dave spitting on pokeman attraction)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom