Pleasure Island- suitable for my kids?

carljc

I have 3children, ages 10, 12, and 14. They love music, and I was planning on going to the beach music place, and maybe somewhere elseat Pleasure Island. What can you tell me as far as being appropriate, whether or not they are allowed. other kids there ??? etc..........

crazygirley

Pleasure Island allows children, when accompanied by their parents. However, it is a very "grown-up" place, and children as young as yours might find it boring, since they have to be by your side at all times and there isn't anything for kids to do. You also have to pay for them to get in, about $20 each. Pleasure Island is full of adults drinking, smoking, partying, etc. It is much like a night club/bar. I went with my parents once at age 13, and was so bored. I would have done anything to leave and go have some fun! I appreciate PI now that I am older, but it, in my opinion, is no fun for kids.

Upvote 0

imagineersrock

i'm going to have to agree with crazygirly- the only one of your kids i feel could really enjoy PI would be the 14 year old [but not while having to be attatched to mom's side] -maybe if there was one of his/her friends along on the trip or a cousin or something (just someone around the same age they enjoy being around) but trust me- i've been 14 and no offense but the last thing i would want to do is go clubbing with MY MOM!!:lol: but maybe you're alot closer to your kids than my parents have ever been to me...? -i'm sure you'll make the right choice either way

-hope this was of any help:cool:

Upvote 0

EmeraldDolphin

I have to agree with everyone also. I've been to Pleasure Island when it was included with our park hoppers with my 14 year old daughter, and I didn't party at all, the only thing we did that night was go to the Comedy Warehouse... My daughter loves the show "Who's Line..." so I brought her to the Comedy Warehouse, and she enjoyed that a lot! But normally when I go with my hubby to enjoy some cocktails, we don't bring the kids. I do have to say that there were quite a few kids in the Comedy Warehouse, but some of the places won't allow kids in anyhow.

Upvote 0

jaimjaim25

I have seen kids walking around there.. Actually, it's pretty funny. 2 weeks ago I went to the Adventurers Club in PI and they had a show in the Library. A young kid was there, and they were making 'not so kid friendly' jokes, but the actor was making fun of the mother for bringing the kid after the jokes were made.. haha.. it was funny..

Upvote 0

tomman710

I have to agree with the above. The question is not if it's ok for them but it's why would they want to go to clubs with their mom. Especially for a pre-teenager who is just coming into their own, the last thing you want is to be in an adult type setting, trying to act older and be there with your parents. I say no. Plus, there is alot of drinking, and with drinking your bound to find some stupid drunk people you may not want the younger ones exposed to.

Upvote 0
Just one more reply

Ditto to all the other posts. But I will offer an alternative to PI and that is DisneyQuest. I absolutely love this place and I think you're kids will too...Many interactive games and attractions. I personally like the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. It's like a virtual video game...Can't wait to go in Sept. DQ is a bit pricey, but if you get the Length of Stay (Ultimate Park Hopper pass) from a Disney Resort , DQ is included. Good Luck and if you have any other questions, give me a holla

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom